Lighters in the Old World

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Was thinking it may be cool to have a character that has a lighter similar to a zippo lighter, perhaps crafted by a dwarf for him, but would never do it if it didn't fit the world … I was looking at this site of the history of lighters to come up with an idea.  Would anything like this be in the Old World, but very rare?

http://www.toledo-be...=lighterHistory

#2 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's doubtful. Remember that Warhammer is essentially a medieval Europe with magic. Maybe even bordering on the Renaissance timeframe.  In essence you are looking at a "realistic" timeframe maybe as late as 1700, more likely 1500-1600.

So, unless it involved magic, I wouldn't think that an easy-to-carry "zippo" like implement would be possible. Now, I suppose I could potentially see some sort of "large lighter" might be available. Like the Dobereiner's Lamp possibly.

Otherwise, Warhammer is really the world of Firestrikers and possibly Tinderboxes.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Here's how I'd rank this item in the scheme of things:

Poor quality matches

Average matches

Superior matches

Poor Quality Mechanical Sparker

Average Mechanical Sparker

Superior Mechanical Sparker

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS