Greater Seattle Area

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I live on Capitol Hill, in Seattle proper. Who else is into this game?

#2 Joby21

Joby21

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hey there, I'm on the eastside in the Redmond/Sammamish area and always looking out for more people to play this with.

#3 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

If anyone wants to play I am at games and gizmos on Tuesday nights at about 6:30.  I'm trying to get some support for agot, but I'll give sw lcg a go if you show up.

#4 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

flightmaster101 said:

If anyone wants to play I am at games and gizmos on Tuesday nights at about 6:30.  I'm trying to get some support for agot, but I'll give sw lcg a go if you show up.

Its in Redmond btw, by the theater down the street from the Redmond Athletic Center.

#5 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't have a car, so Redmond is out. But we're trying to get something going at Card Kingdom, if you're interested.

#6 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I live in Fremont and would be up for the Star Wars, AGoT, and Netrunner LCG's.  Card Kingdom is a good location!

#7 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

sojo2600 said:

I live in Fremont and would be up for the Star Wars, AGoT, and Netrunner LCG's.  Card Kingdom is a good location!

Is Car Kingdom friendly to FFG products?  Just curious cause I called a lot of places and games and gizmos was the only one to answer me.  It is tough but I saw they have a board game night on Thursdays, that looks like a good time for a meetup.

Anyways I think I have the current reply to your AGoT Seattle thread, I am trying to get people for that on Tuesday nights around 6:30 as well.  So if you ever want to show up for that I'll be there! 

#8 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

flightmaster101 said:

sojo2600 said:

Is Car Kingdom friendly to FFG products?  Just curious cause I called a lot of places and games and gizmos was the only one to answer me.  It is tough but I saw they have a board game night on Thursdays, that looks like a good time for a meetup.

Anyways I think I have the current reply to your AGoT Seattle thread, I am trying to get people for that on Tuesday nights around 6:30 as well.  So if you ever want to show up for that I'll be there! 

Thanks for responding to my AGoT post.  I didn't receive a response until several months later, so I didn't even see that until you mentioned it.  I wish there was a way to subscribe to threads on this forum. 

Anyway, Card Kingdom doesn't specialize in FFG LCG's, but they are fine with us playing whatever we want.  I doubt they would host a game night or any tourneys….unless of course a gaming group got large enough that they wanted to support it.  I know that Gary's Games in Greenwood does sell the LCG's, so they might be open to hosting a structured competition.

Games and Gizmos sounds like a good place, but I didn't consider it since I don't get to the East side too often.  Unfortunately, I can't really do anything on Monday-Wednesday nights because I have class on Monday and Wednesday and usually have some home work or reading to do on Tuesday night.  That being said, I'll definitely try to make it sometime.

#9 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

sojo2600 said:

Netrunner is pretty big in Seattle! Card Kingdom runs a Netrunner League every Sunday night at 7:00. We also have a Google group at https://groups.googl...cg-seattle-grid and there's a tournament at Third Place Books in February.

As far as meeting up for Star Wars goes, are there any days that are better or worse for different people? I'd like to meet up next week for a few games, if other people are down.

#10 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

flightmaster101 said:

sojo2600 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by friendly to FFG products, but they certainly support our local Netrunner community. And the people who run it are just pretty awesome folks. 

Thursday nights are a little iffy for me. The local VTES crew hosts games there on Thursday night, and I try to show up and play that whenever I can. Would any other nights of the week work for you?

#11 Badmojojojo

Badmojojojo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I am interested in playing either Star Wars or AGoT at Card Kingdom on any night other than Mondays or Wednesdays.  I really like the Star Wars game mechanics!  I can make it down there around 6:30. 

Based on their events calendar Friday night is controlled by the Magic community, but we might be able to use one of the open gaming tables.  Please send me a message if you guys decide to do this. 

#12 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Wow, I never get this much love on the AOGT forum!   

1.  What I mean by "friendly" is if they would support league/ tourney play if we get a consistent players to show up.  Evan at g&g was the only one that replied and told me if I can get a good showing he would support w/ game night kits, tourney days, ect.  

2. I don't have SW lcg, but if someone is willing to teach I'm willing to learn, and if interested would be happy to play in league or group.

3.  I've spent soooo much f#€$ing money on agot, I really need to justify those expenses with some playing.

so I'll plan on being at card kingdom next thurs at 6:30 to play sw.  

Would anyone want to play agot in addition or on tues at g&g? 

I am open to play most nights, I just found tues and thurs as open board game nights.  Hopefully we can get a community going and get our own night good for everyone somewhere.

#13 Badmojojojo

Badmojojojo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

flightmaster101, I am willing to play AGoT with you.  I only have the starter decks and do not fully understand the rules so you will have to bring me up to speed.  It has been a year since I last played. 

Is there another night other than Thursday we could do?  I just realized it is difficult for me to get down there Thursday night.  I am up in Everett on Thursday.  There are 3 places to play in Everett with open tables including Phoenix Games (Mukilteo), Wishes (Everett Mall), and Gameshire.  Unfortunately, none of them have events or players I can find for either game.

#14 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Badmojojojo said:

flightmaster101, I am willing to play AGoT with you.  I only have the starter decks and do not fully understand the rules so you will have to bring me up to speed.  It has been a year since I last played. 

Is there another night other than Thursday we could do?  I just realized it is difficult for me to get down there Thursday night.  I am up in Everett on Thursday.  There are 3 places to play in Everett with open tables including Phoenix Games (Mukilteo), Wishes (Everett Mall), and Gameshire.  Unfortunately, none of them have events or players I can find for either game.

i am trying to get a community going at games and gizmos in Redmond.  I have been going to their board game nights Tuesdays, I show up about 6:30ish.

#15 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Tsarcastic said:

sojo2600 said:

Netrunner is pretty big in Seattle! Card Kingdom runs a Netrunner League every Sunday night at 7:00. We also have a Google group at https://groups.googl...cg-seattle-grid and there's a tournament at Third Place Books in February.

As far as meeting up for Star Wars goes, are there any days that are better or worse for different people? I'd like to meet up next week for a few games, if other people are down.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!  I just joined the Google group.  I'll be hanging out with my girlfriend this Sunday night, but I'll definitely hit up the event in the future.

Monday through Wednesday are pretty bad for me.  Any other night varies week by week for me.  This week the only night I could really do is Saturday.

#16 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

flightmaster101 said:

Wow, I never get this much love on the AOGT forum!   

1.  What I mean by "friendly" is if they would support league/ tourney play if we get a consistent players to show up.  Evan at g&g was the only one that replied and told me if I can get a good showing he would support w/ game night kits, tourney days, ect.  

2. I don't have SW lcg, but if someone is willing to teach I'm willing to learn, and if interested would be happy to play in league or group.

3.  I've spent soooo much f#€$ing money on agot, I really need to justify those expenses with some playing.

so I'll plan on being at card kingdom next thurs at 6:30 to play sw.  

Would anyone want to play agot in addition or on tues at g&g? 

I am open to play most nights, I just found tues and thurs as open board game nights.  Hopefully we can get a community going and get our own night good for everyone somewhere.

Thursday of next week could work for me!

#17 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Badmojojojo said:

I think I could meet up Tuesday for a few games of SW, if you're so inclined.

#18 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Tsarcastic said:

Badmojojojo said:

I think I could meet up Tuesday for a few games of SW, if you're so inclined.

if we have time why not both? 

#19 Badmojojojo

Badmojojojo

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

This Tuesday at Card Kingdom? I can do that. What time? SW and AGOT?

#20 Tsarcastic

Tsarcastic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Badmojojojo said:

This Tuesday at Card Kingdom? I can do that. What time? SW and AGOT?

Yeah, this Tuesday at Card Kingdom. Wanna say like 6:30ish? And I don't play AGOT, so I'd prefer just SW. Unless of course more people decide to show, in which case you two can play whatever.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS