Texas and surrounding state players

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hey, my name is Jimmie Sharp and I have played SWCCG for some time and am glad to see a SW game that is good enough to start playing again! We have about 10 players that are always gaming here in Fort Worth, and know several thoughout the state (Houston, Stephenville, Dallas, etc.) and would love to create a big playing environment again.

I am trying to host a Regional here in June, let me know if you are interested in coming to ol' Funkytown and playing!

If you want anymore info about me and my players, drop a reply and I will get back to you!

JSharp

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#2 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

What store do you guys play at?

#3 Brev929

Brev929

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just picked up the game and I'm interested in playing with others.  I'm in the Dallas area.

#4 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Brev929 said:

I just picked up the game and I'm interested in playing with others.  I'm in the Dallas area.

Which area are you located? I am in the HEB area and play @ Area51 in Grapevine.

#5 Surge1000

Surge1000

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm east of Dallas and would like to regularly play someone on the east side; Mesquite, Forney, Rockwall, Terrell region.  On the weekends, I'm willing to venture further into town.  If I can find some people to playtest with, I'd definitely play in some tournaments.

I'll be at the Dallas Boardgame Marathon this month, and I'll bring some SW decks there (and Netrunner).

#6 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

I play at a store in Fort Worth called Y2Komics.Normally on Saturday and/or Sundays. I will let you all know when tournaments will be held. We could try to find a place in Arlington or the Bedford/Hurst area since it would be more centralized. I could talk to the owner of Generation X in Hurst.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#7 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Surge1000 said:

I'm east of Dallas and would like to regularly play someone on the east side; Mesquite, Forney, Rockwall, Terrell region.  On the weekends, I'm willing to venture further into town.  If I can find some people to playtest with, I'd definitely play in some tournaments.

I'll be at the Dallas Boardgame Marathon this month, and I'll bring some SW decks there (and Netrunner).

Plano is further than I am usually willing to go; besides I never saw the point in joining DBGM as it is pretty far and I would never go. Would be nice if they moved around or something, to accommodate players on the SW side of the Metro Area.

#8 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

jss_hobbie said:

I play at a store in Fort Worth called Y2Komics.Normally on Saturday and/or Sundays. I will let you all know when tournaments will be held. We could try to find a place in Arlington or the Bedford/Hurst area since it would be more centralized. I could talk to the owner of Generation X in Hurst.

if you are willing to drive to GenX, would you be willing to drive a little further to Area51, I prefer that to GenX… People there are a bit friendlier. Plus there is a boat load more space.

#9 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

rgeer3 said:

jss_hobbie said:

if you are willing to drive to GenX, would you be willing to drive a little further to Area51, I prefer that to GenX… People there are a bit friendlier. Plus there is a boat load more space.

I will look into it. Do you have the address? or a website?

#10 Gart325

Gart325

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

I live in the Lakewood area of Dallas.  I'd be interested in any gaming, tournaments, etc.  Ft. Worth would be a little far for my taste.  As you've already mentioned, something more in the middle I could live with.  I know another gentleman who lives in my area who would be interested as well.  We also play Netrunner and LOTR LCG.  

#11 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

jss_hobbie said:

jss_hobbie said:

I will look into it. Do you have the address? or a website?

They are located at the corner of Main St. & Northwest HWY, Grapevine (https://maps.google....ed=0CIUBEPwSMAA

http://www.area51gac.com/home/

Basically they have room to host 50+ players (they usually have between 30 - 50 FNM players everyweek), so there is a lot of room. I have been thinking of talking to the owner about allowing me to run X-Wing, SWLCG, and maybe NetRunner events there.

#12 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I have requested to host a regional in our area. I would like to come by and check that place out to see if we should change the venue to there in Grapevine.

#13 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

jss_hobbie said:

I have requested to host a regional in our area. I would like to come by and check that place out to see if we should change the venue to there in Grapevine.

That's fine. Like I said, I have been talking with him. I'm also trying to get some Game Night Events done.. Also, the X-Wing, I believe there are 15+ tables for table top gaming; so space is aplenty if allowed. Would you be willing to meet up on Sundays either there.. Or there is also a place called Lengends in Bedford that can make space for about 50 people also.. I prefer Grapevine though.

#14 Surge1000

Surge1000

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Gart325 said:

I live in the Lakewood area of Dallas.  I'd be interested in any gaming, tournaments, etc.  Ft. Worth would be a little far for my taste.  As you've already mentioned, something more in the middle I could live with.  I know another gentleman who lives in my area who would be interested as well.  We also play Netrunner and LOTR LCG.  

I play Netrunner as well.  Would you guys maybe be interested in playing in Mesquite?  I live way out east, between Terrell and Wills Point, but I'd join a regular play group as far west as Mesquite.

#15 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Gart325 said:

Where is Lakewood?

#16 Surge1000

Surge1000

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

rgeer3 said:

Gart325 said:

Where is Lakewood?

Do you know where White Rock Lake is?  The Lakewood area is on the west side of the lake, in northeast Dallas.

#17 jesterhawk

jesterhawk

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hey, I am in HEB.

#18 jesterhawk

jesterhawk

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I actually drove by Area51 the other day.  So I know where it is and it is not far from me.  However my schedule may make it difficult to get there some times.  Best days for me are usually Friday nights and Saturdays (unless I am on call at work which is every third week).  Other days are maybes at best.

JH

#19 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

jesterhawk said:

I actually drove by Area51 the other day.  So I know where it is and it is not far from me.  However my schedule may make it difficult to get there some times.  Best days for me are usually Friday nights and Saturdays (unless I am on call at work which is every third week).  Other days are maybes at best.

JH

If you could make it on Wensday nights that would be great! We are going to start running weekly events @7pm or there abouts. No real point in going up there Friday nights, pretty much wall to wall MTG. However, there are usually some Boardgame people up there on Saturdays; and some of them might be willing to game with you.

#20 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hey all, I will be holding a regional in South Fort Worth in June. So I would love to get together and play some tournaments or friendly games before then. We have about 5-6 players in Fort Worth now and I know there are more in Dallas and such, so if you are interested let me know when and where on the weekends we can get together!!

Message me or e-mail me if you like or post here!

JS

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS