• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hey FFG Community,

So I have finished Arc 1 (of 3) in my campaign, and we have started into Arc 2. This arc in my campaign is supposed to be focused on the PCs venturing forth and recruiting and gaining followers in preperation for starting their own Black Crusade (arc 3).

I have no doubts in my mind that at some point during this arc there may be spats within the group (they are good at distinguishing PC actions and offending the actual player) or raids upon the Imperium, or waging war with other xenos. So I ask the group is their a good system for deciding how to run a full scale battle? I don't want to run scores of hordes vs scores of hordes - that would way to meticulous. Do you have any ideas?

#2 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

The Tome of Blood has rules for this sort of thing.

#3 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

WOOT, that's great - it is en route. Just waiting on the USPS to deliever it.

#4 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Should those rules not be sufficiently detailed for what you have in mind, I recommend obtaining a copy of A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying. One would have to port the rules over to 40k (and a sci-fi setting in general), but 19 pages of rules are a better place to start from IMO compared to ToB's 4 pages.

#5 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I have been told that Only War has good rules for mass combat. It would make sense. But I have not personally read Only War yet, so I can only pass on what I was told. Perhaps the folks at the Only War forum could tell u more. 

#6 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

While, at first I found the massed combat in ToB to be underwhelming at first I actually have started to think it is going to be suibtable. It wil be quick and operates like a possesion attack - at least to my understanding. When I get enough capital I may invest in Only War, thank you for the suggestion.

#7 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Grimsson said:

While, at first I found the massed combat in ToB to be underwhelming at first I actually have started to think it is going to be suibtable. It wil be quick and operates like a possesion attack - at least to my understanding. When I get enough capital I may invest in Only War, thank you for the suggestion.

Right on!  I too feel like Only War can wait until I pick up some other books. But the book sounds awesome as hell. Playing a reg soldier just doing your job could lead to a ton of hooks and adventures. I want. Lol

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS