Beta Adventure

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Demonic Devill

Demonic Devill

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Unfortunatly I don't have the Beta Rulebook so I was wondering (if possible) is there a PDF file for the Adventure in the Beta Rulebook, or would ot be worth it to get the Beta Rulebook even though:

a.) The Core Rulebook is a minimum of 3 months away from release

b.) With the Beta Rulebook no longer available to buy new from participating retailers online and offline and it costing more then it needs to be from ebay

Thanks

#2 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Who says it can't be purchased new? my FLGS still has quite a few copies for sale.

#3 Demonic Devill

Demonic Devill

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ah ok thats fair enough unfortunatly where I live in the UK their aren't  many gaming stores (that I've found) that sell FFG games so I usually have to get them online and I haven't found a copy except for on ebay in which the overall cost was atleast double its retail cost.

#4 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

And to answer your question about the adventure, no it is not available in pdf.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#5 lupex

lupex

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Demonic Devill said:

Ah ok thats fair enough unfortunatly where I live in the UK their aren't  many gaming stores (that I've found) that sell FFG games so I usually have to get them online and I haven't found a copy except for on ebay in which the overall cost was atleast double its retail cost.

I have a spare copy but i bought it from FFGs and including postage it came to £35, which was a bit steep but I had to have it. 

I would be happy to let you have it for the same price, otherwise its just sitting on my shelf in a pristine condition with the dice sticker sheet intact.

For future releases I would keep an eye on thebookdepository.co.uk as I picked up 2 copies of the beginner game for under £16 each.  My justification for getting two copies was that everywhere else would have cost at least  £23 so I effectively got an extra set of dice for £9, at least that was the logic I used to persuade my wife.

#6 Scott McFarland

Scott McFarland

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Leisure Games sell the Beta book in the UK:

www.leisuregames.com

#7 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I dont know if £18 for the beta is a good deal, as the proper thing will be released shortly

#8 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

"shortly" as in, some time in the next 3 or 4 months…

#9 Demonic Devill

Demonic Devill

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thanks all for your imputs

@Mouthymerc: Ya I can understand why there isn't a pdf for the Beta Adventure so thanks for confirming it.

@Ironman: I totally understand where your coming from with the wait for full release I was like that too but the more I read the Beginners Rulebook and Adventure Book the more I kinda wanted to see what had changed since the games announcement at the 2012 GenCon.

@Scott McFarland: Thanks for sharing the site I know have another site to buy from.

@Lupex: Thank you for the offer of letting me but your spare copy of the Beta Rulebook and sharing another site to buy from (Though when I looked I didn't find the Beta Rulebook in any search involving star wars as the keyword or having FFG as the author)

@Kallabecca: You are right Spring 2013 can mean anywhere between late March early April to late June early July.

I'd also like to note like I mention in my reply to Ironman that I've read the Beginner Books many times over and as well as learning of the changes since August I would love to learn more about the adversaries groups can face and the classes and races that are available at  the moment.

Thabks again guys for your advice.

#10 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Demonic Devill said:

I would love to learn more about the adversaries groups can face and the classes and races that are available at  the moment.

Presented in the beta as adversary types:

• assorted fringers
  • Tusken Raiders (But not Jawas… Hmmm)
  • Hutts
  • Imperials - including an Emperor's Hand
  • Rogue Jedi - one example

All the currently published adventures are for/against hutts.

#11 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

aramis said:

Presented in the beta as adversary types:

• Tusken Raiders (But not Jawas… Hmmm)

Yeah, except for droids, Jawas are no threats! reir

#12 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

so is the adventure in the Beta copy different then the one in the Begginer Game box set??

#13 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Darkjawa said:

so is the adventure in the Beta copy different then the one in the Begginer Game box set??

very much so.

#14 Demonic Devill

Demonic Devill

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I have the Beta Rulebook now I ordered it off the leisuregames.com site Scott McFarland recommended and I've roughly read the adventure inside and I think it could easily tie into the Escape from Mos Shuuta and The Long Arm of the Hutt if you change the Hutt Nemesis to Teemo.

#15 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

My group and I renamed the Beta adventure: "Crates of Clichés" sonreir

(Still a fun adventure and covers most of the basics)

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#16 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Aazlain said:

My group and I renamed the Beta adventure: "Crates of Clichés" sonreir

(Still a fun adventure and covers most of the basics)

The Beginner Box adventure has more than a few clichés, too.

Star Wars is all about clichés. Smuggler with the heart of gold. Farmboy turned hero. Rescue the princess. Evil Empires. Jackbooted thugs in smart uniforms. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS