Shadow CArds

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BakaKitty

BakaKitty

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

1) I have a Varys (SaS) in play. Can I play a duplicate on him? Our inhouse judge says that  you cannot as shadow cards may only enter play via the shadow mechanic.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

But since dupes are considered to have no title, text, traits, or crests, how does the dupe count as a "Shadow card" for that rule?

You are allowed to dupe directly from hand, even if the card as printed has a Shadow crest. This is because you are playing a "dupe," and the only thing that enters play is a "dupe." You are not breaking the rule that Shadow cards must be played through Shadows.

#3 BakaKitty

BakaKitty

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Thank you ktom! :)

Ah ha! I knew my friend was being fishy! >:(

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well… maybe not fishy. Just not taking everything into account.

#5 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

LoL. I wouldn't go around thinking he was misleading you intentionally. The rules in this game can be confusing, though in general they are fairly clear once you get the hang of it.

#6 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

lol, if you ever truly get the hang of it. There are always going to be interactions that raise questions, unless you have an incredibly intimate understanding of the rules.

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The rules of this game seem pretty straightforward to me.  burla

#8 BakaKitty

BakaKitty

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

ktom said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The rules of this game seem pretty straightforward to me.  burla

show off! :P

But yea! Thank you everyone ^_^

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS