Photo

Peril in Pelargir Questions (3A, 3B, Lost in the City, the Scroll, Ranger Spikes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ranger of the Force

Ranger of the Force

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

1.  3A tells each player to search the encounter deck and discard pile for one enemy and add it to the staging area.  Lost in the City has a similar mechanic.  Do I search both the encounter deck and discard for an enemy, meaning I find two enemies to put in the staging area, or do I just search either OR for one enemy and put it in the staging area?  If its both and I am looking for two enemies, what happens when thier are no enemies in the encounter discard pile?

2.  3B tells the players that the first enemy revealed deals an immediate attack to the player with the scroll.  When the attack occurs, do I declare a defender, do I deal shadow cards, or is this considered an undefended attack?

3.  When Ranger Spikes is attached to an enemy, can I still engage the enemy if I so choose despite not having to make engagement checks?

4.  If I kill an enemy that has the scroll attached, I assume that the scroll goes to the staging area, and I can immediately claim it as long as I have a ready hero.  Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

1. Each player has to put one enemy into the staging area.  The enemy can come from the encounter deck or from the encounter deck discard pile -- your choice.  If there are no enemies in the discard pile, they'll have to come from the encounter deck itself (and the reverse is also true).

2. Deal a shadow card, and you may declare a defender.  That's from the official FAQ in two places:

(1.26) Enemy attacks outside of the combat phase
If an enemy attacks outside of the combat phase, it is still dealt a shadow card at the beginning of the attack. Then follow the 4 steps under Phase 6 “Combat” in the rules. (pg. 5)
and
Q: When an enemy makes an attack against me from the staging area, can I declare a defender?
A: Yes. If an enemy attacks you, you can exhaust 1 character you control to declare it as a defender against that attack, whether that enemy is engaged with you or not. (pg. 9)

3. Yeah, you can still optionally engage enemies with Ranger Spikes attached.

4. Correct!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS