PDF's from DrivethruRPG good?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Was thinking about purchasing the books in their .pdf format considering how nice it is to load books in to a fancy iPad now. Was wondering if any of you have experience with the .pdf's sold there and whether or not you found them use friendly.

Your reviews will help me make an informed purchase. Thanks!

#2 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm gonna take the lack of responses here to mean that books with appropriate coffee stains are still quite vogue.

#3 Alox

Alox

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Nothing beats a good book with coffee stains.

I have the only war rules as PDF and I must say that I am positively surprised. It is quite useful to be able to search it. And when there is a reference its a link that actually sends you the right place.

I haven't tried to read it on an ipad, I assume the screen is a bit too small, still prefer the book when sitting in the couch. :-)

#4 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Did you pick it up through DrivethruRPG?

#5 Alox

Alox

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yes, the size of the pdf is about 100 mb if I remember correct.

#6 breez

breez

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I have a lot of the books on my iPad. Some of the books had issues (e.g. you could not read the information in some tables), but most of these issues were fixed and I was able to get a free update from DriveThrurpg.

What I learnt to do is to bookmark each important page from each book (equipment, criticals etc) and this makes it rather easy to find the correct reference (and speed up the game session).

Also, it means that I do carry less books to each session :)

#7 Magos Seqvirin

Magos Seqvirin

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I purchased most of my book off DrivethruRPG and they work fantastically on my Nexus 7. Nothing beats GMing with a dataslate in hand. So yes, I can recommend DrivethruRPG for purchasing FFG books in PDF. 

#8 Garner

Garner

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ah this makes things much easier. I'm thinking about picking up Book of Judgment and Blood of Martyrs.

Thanks everyone.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS