Gondor Themed Deck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Built this deck originally for duel play, but after some nitpicking I found that its actually quite effective solo in the new Heirs quests; also a lot of fun to play.

Prince Imrahil

Boromir (Leadership)

Beregond

Allies:

Defender of Rammas x3

Guard of the Citadel x3

Errand-Rider x3

Gondorian Spearman x3

Envoy of Pelargir x3

Vassal of the Windlord x3

Faramir x2

Gandalf x3 (core)

Attachments:

Spear of the Citadel x2

Dunedain Warning x3

Dunedain Mark x3

Cram x3

Song of Battle x2

Steward of Gondor x2

Horn of Gondor x1

Events:

Sneak Attack! X2

For Gondor! X2

Behind Strong Walls x3

Feint x2

Valiant Sacrifice x2

-This is an archetype that will obviously get better as we get more gondor cards this cycle, but Boromir is still able to add a nice chuck to your attack which is helpful for both attacking and questing through the "battle" stages, everything else is mostly self explanatory

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#2 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I really like this deck. I tried Leadership Boromir in a Gondor-themed deck when I first got HoN and got smashed going Into Ithilien. That said, I like the direction that you are going with this deck, it makes me think that I should retool using some of your ideas and try it again.

Some of the new cards inspired me to build a pair of Gondor/Rohan decks representing the Battle of Pelennor Fields. They are definitely more on the thematic side, I fear they would not be able to handle HoN very well, but they were fun to build in any case:

http://hallofbeorn.w...elennor-fields/

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS