• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Azrael1

Azrael1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hi,

I have a timing question to "The Vaith": Response: After a player declares a challenge against you, kneel 1 influence to choose 1 character controlled by that player. That character loses an icon of your choice until the end of the phase.

If my opponent is declaring a challenge against me, can I remove an Icon from one of his characters before or after he declares and kneels the attackers for this challenge?

As far as I understood from the FAQ the second Framework action window of the challenge phase has two "Events" inside: 

1. active Player declares challenge type and opponent
2. active player kneels attacking characters

And for each event the steps  1-3 of the Framework Action Window is executed before the steps 4 - 6 are executed. If this is correct "The Vaith" would not allow me to remove an icon before my opponent is declaring his attackers.
Is this correct?

Greets

Tom

#2 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Azrael1 said:

Hi,

I have a timing question to "The Vaith": Response: After a player declares a challenge against you, kneel 1 influence to choose 1 character controlled by that player. That character loses an icon of your choice until the end of the phase.

If my opponent is declaring a challenge against me, can I remove an Icon from one of his characters before or after he declares and kneels the attackers for this challenge?

As far as I understood from the FAQ the second Framework action window of the challenge phase has two "Events" inside: 

1. active Player declares challenge type and opponent
2. active player kneels attacking characters

And for each event the steps  1-3 of the Framework Action Window is executed before the steps 4 - 6 are executed. If this is correct "The Vaith" would not allow me to remove an icon before my opponent is declaring his attackers.
Is this correct?

Greets

Tom

Entirely correct.

#3 Azrael1

Azrael1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ughhh ….   This was not the answer I was hoping to hear  :)

This means my opponent can attack with any character in his first challenge and I cannot prevent this with The Vaith  :(

So the card is not that usefull as I thought.

But good to know that I understood the rules correctly  :)

Greets 

Tom

#4 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Azrael1 said:

Ughhh ….   This was not the answer I was hoping to hear  :)

This means my opponent can attack with any character in his first challenge and I cannot prevent this with The Vaith  :(

So the card is not that usefull as I thought.

But good to know that I understood the rules correctly  :)

Greets 

Tom

Hehe.  At least you can mitigate the other challenge types they may initiate or the challenge types they can defend when it's your turn to attack.  :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS