Two questions about the game

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

1.  Eowyns ability: Each player may discard a card, doesnt it mean if its a 2 players game, she can get +2 will in 1 round?

2. Can 'book of mazarbul' be discarded by the card effect of 'hidden threat'(the last player discards an attachment he controls) ?

Is the quest attachment considered to be controlled by an attached character? Is a treachery attachment with an negative effect attached on a character considered to be 'controlled' by the player?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Cutievalkyrie said:

1.  Eowyns ability: Each player may discard a card, doesnt it mean if its a 2 players game, she can get +2 will in 1 round?

2. Can 'book of mazarbul' be discarded by the card effect of 'hidden threat'(the last player discards an attachment he controls) ?

Is the quest attachment considered to be controlled by an attached character? Is a treachery attachment with an negative effect attached on a character considered to be 'controlled' by the player?

1. yes

2. looking at the card im not sure- its an objective that doesnt say 'counts as an attatchment' nor does it say its 'controlled' by the player

so id say no

if a card says 'discard an attatchment' then i think you can indeed get rid of a negative card attatchment on you, but one you control has to be one you either put into play or one that says you specifically get control of it

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thank you rich. It nice that you are still here. I turned to play arkham horror(which is a good solo game aslo) last month and i am back now.

#4 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

By the way, does Thalin deal 1 damage to each enemy added at the end of the staging step? (Quest 2B The Fate of Balin)

#5 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Every enemy that is revealed between commiting Thalin and the end ofthe quest phase gets the damage.

#6 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thank you. Now i totally understand. This quest is not easy for me since enemies keep coming out and i have not enough allies to defend every one of them.

#7 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

1 question : when thalin kills an Eastern Crows card or A Suspicius Crow etc card with his ability do the when reveald surge etc effects still take place ?

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#8 darkpact

darkpact

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

richsabre said:

Cutievalkyrie said:

2. looking at the card im not sure- its an objective that doesnt say 'counts as an attatchment' nor does it say its 'controlled' by the player

so id say no

The Sacks do not say they count as attachment either, and still the hobbit rulebook explains in the example that you can't put them on Beorn, as he can't get attachments.

#9 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

@cutievalkyrie- no problem…pleased youre back :)

@iznax - no they do not happen

@ darkpact- in either case i would still say no, whether attatchment or not you would still have to control it

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#10 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I thought players did control objective cards.   From the FAQ:

(1.07) Control of Objective Cards
When a player claims an objective card, he gains control of that card unless otherwise directed by a card effect. (pg. 3)

Now, the question here is the word "claims," as you are not instructed to "claim" the Book of Mazarbul during Setup. However, given that you ARE instructed to "claim" the book if you want to take it back from the staging area, I think the intent here is that the heroes control the book.  Hence a legal target for evil shadow effects.

#11 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Also, any card that attaches to another card is considered an attachment.

#12 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Now we v got a different idea…

#13 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

For those who like longer answers… Surge and Thalin-"When an encounter card with the surge keyword is revealed during the staging step of the quest phase or in setup, reveal 1 additional card from the encounter deck. Resolve the surge keyword immediately after resolving any when revealed effects on the card."

So it goes when revealed on card-surge-any responses. but Thalin activates before "when revaled" so "When an enemy card is revealed from the encounter deck, Thalin’s ability resolves before any keyword or “When Revealed” card effects on the encounter card"

For the control question RAW says Players do not gain control of encounter cards unless control of the card is explicitly granted by a card effect. When an encounter card (such as Caught in a Web, CORE 86) becomes an attachment and attaches to a character, that character’s controller does not gain control of the attachment.(1.07) Control of Objective CardsWhen a player claims an objective card, he gains control of that card unless otherwise directed by a card effect. so unless the quest card uses the word claim it is not under control of the player. I would advise an errata to always claim objectives granted by quest cards. but for now…

and this Any card that attaches to another card is treated as an Attachment in addition to its other card types.The “Attach to…” rules text on an attachment is only a play restriction, and is not taken into account after the card is already attached. Which means several things "No Attachments" means no card can be attached, and abnormal ways cards get attached still have an effect. Nameless things can get trapped for example

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS