150 pt Rebel Squad - Wave 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

My LGS have said that they are intending to run a release toruney for Wave 2. Any wave 2 ships will be allowed, as they will be available for purchase on the day, people can crack them open and include them in their squads.

I already have the Falcon from the KRT, though this list only makes use of 1 card from it.

They have said that, to make easy room for the Falcon and Slave 1, it will be a 150 pt tournament.

Here is the squad I am thinking of taking:

Biggs - R2-F2

Luke - R2-D2, Draw Their Fire

Wedge - R5-K6, Expose

Tycho - Push The Limit, Assault Missiles

Prototype Pilot

Comes to 150 even. Run in 2 squads:

An X-Wing squad to provide the main punch, where Biggs keeps Luke and Wedge alive, Luke keeps Biggs alive, and Wedge goes crazy with expose and cleans house.

An A-Wing squad who uses boost and/or evade (or both on Tycho if necessary) to skirt around the side and break apart any Imp squads with the threat of the assault missile (I would have liked 2, but can't fit it in). Am I better dropping Tycho to another Prototype to get the Assault missile? My thinking was that Tycho can boost to get a firing solution, and use the free action to target lock.

#2 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

150 pts seems excessive for a tournament. Really, many matches run to time at 100pts as it is. Games will run much longer at 150pts, with so many additional ships. I mean, you're looking at 12x Tie fighters, for example, or 7x X-Wings.  Games run long with 6x Ties vs 3x X-wings, and you are almost doubling the number of ships on the table.

Also, either the table size is increased (meaning move distance to cover, taking longer), or it remains the same (meaning more ships in closer quarters, which will lead to a LOT more collisions, which also tends to make things run longer).

I'm sorry, I just don't have much constructive advice for a 150pt tournament list. I suppose you should plan for the game to end on time, not on wiping the other side out. In that case, either sheer numbers or extremely high durability should win the day. You just need to kill more than your opponent.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS