Collecting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

So I've been getting into this game and I was just curious, does any one else try to collect all chapters of the game?  I started out just getting the expansions for my game group, now I'm wondering if I play outside my group if I will get crushed if I don't have the newest stuff.

Thanks!

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

When you play at major tournaments (worlds, nationals and to a lesser extent regionals), you can expect that almost all of your opponents will have access to every card printed for the LCG (with the current exception of the Clash of Arms cycle). I think the exception is China, where 2 of the cycles haven't been released yet.

That doesn't mean you'll get "crushed", but this typically will give your opponents an edge edge and limit some of your deck-building possibilities. For casual play, most players will be happy to lend you a few cards or play their fun & whacky less-efficient decks, especially if you make the situation clear to them. 

#3 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I just see about $1000 of products plus sleeves intimidating.

#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Not that it makes your point any less understandable, I'll just put in that after adding the prices of all the legal products together, I found that the total comes to about $715, assuming you're ordering online.

#5 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Also, the Agot community is a very friendly place, im sure alot of people would let you borrow any cards you needed as long as they didnt need them themselves. Im not talking about entire decks here, though it could be possible i suppose.

#6 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yes, the people who do well at tournaments have playsets of every card (or quite nearly) printed for the LCG. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#7 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yea the thing is I am the type of guy who when I get into something I do it all the way!  For good or bad.  Kinda scared me when someone said there may be a reset comming.

#8 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

There's been no official mention, hint or suggestion at any kind of reset or rotation - in fact, the fact that they're re-printing the earlier "Clash of Arms" cycles suggests exactly the opposite.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS