Minneapolis, MN

• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#1 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

FRIDAY NIGHT STAR WARS AT THE FANTASY FLIGHT EVENT CENTER IN ROSEVILLE!

Eblast_Banner_zps63db10db.jpg

If you are in the Minneapolis area, and looking to meet some friendly people and get in some games of Star Wars LCG, stop by the Fantasy Flight Event Center on Friday nights!

All skill levels are welcome, and feel free to bring new players who want to learn the game!

There is usually a mix of 1v1, 2v2, and soon there will be 3v1 play (with the release of Balance of the Force). 

What better way to end your week than with some games of Star Wars, some great conversation, and perhaps some food and drink. 

One or more us us will usually wear something Star Wars related, and you will no doubt see a bunch of focus tokens, damage tokens, shields, and death star dials scattered over our tables!    :)

Again, everyone is welcome, even if you have never played the game, have no cards at all, and are simply curious what the game is like! I (or anyone, really) would be happy to hand you a deck and walk you through a game or two. 

Feel free to email me at divinityofnumber [at] yahoo [.com] or send me a message here for more information. 

See everyone on Friday!

Edited by divinityofnumber, 04 December 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#2 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yes there is a few. We just met up at the Fantasy Flight Event Center this last Saturday. We usually play week nights or Sundays though.

I'm sure we'll meet up in 2 weeks again.

#3 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Howdy

I play @ tower working on converting ppl there into the game.  FF released SW and Android so close together its hard @ times because the community is getting invested in ANR.

But join Frozen north Gaming club on Facebook alot of 40k ppl but x-wing and swlcg are really picking up steam.

FB me for Twin cities games.

Graham Judd

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#4 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Howdy

I play @ tower working on converting ppl there into the game.  FF released SW and Android so close together its hard @ times because the community is getting invested in ANR.

But join Frozen north Gaming club on Facebook alot of 40k ppl but x-wing and swlcg are really picking up steam.

FB me for Twin cities games.

Graham Judd

p.p.s. There is a chance If we can build a community that i will start up a SW league @ Tower and get a Comptetative play pack so we can fight over cool vader cards :-)

#5 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Cooleo and I played last Saturday and the Sunday before that at the FFG Event Center…  once I get through February, I might have more time to jaunt up to play.  I also like to go Legion Games in Burnsville/Savage on HWY 13 to play as it's about 30 minutes closer than the FFG Event Center.  Shoot either of us a message and we'd like to meet up with more players!

Peter

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#6 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

jeeps said:

Cooleo and I played last Saturday and the Sunday before that at the FFG Event Center…  once I get through February, I might have more time to jaunt up to play.  I also like to go Legion Games in Burnsville/Savage on HWY 13 to play as it's about 30 minutes closer than the FFG Event Center.  Shoot either of us a message and we'd like to meet up with more players!

Peter

x2

#7 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

I live around West Saint paul so its about 30 mins to any game store for me.  I know Universe Games has been doing alot of X-wing on tuesdays.  I could meet people Thursday Night @ tower if anyone wants to play PM me and friends me on here or FB.

Magni

#8 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

I also think the guys at Universe games in Uptown are trying to convert over a few of the Magic players I know one of the owners Angelo loves the game and has talked about turning Wednesday nights into Star Wars LCG nights. Nice thing is if you go to the U (I work there so I know this from expereince) there is an express bus I think the 113 that stops at Lake and Lyndale and starts at like University avenue  so you can get there quickly. Or if your like me it's an easy bike ride on the Greenway as well.

I really want to see the competition rules come out for the game so we can get tournaments going because that is how you conevert people the best in my opinion.

#9 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Agreed, tourney rules are the big thing.  I think it would be fun even to host a turny on new force pack release days gamble to win a free one mayhaps?  Anywhoo if the guys at Tower let me i will be running turnys and would like to run a league.  Our biggest problem here in the twin cities is we are so divided as a population between

FFGCenter

Tower

Universe

Legion

(there are 2 other stores)

we are alot of SW gamers spread thin.  I just got two people @ tower to invest including the owner.  I also play under this name on OCTGN now that i have got my cards if anyone is interested im a part time stay at home dad so i can play @ weird daytime hours.  Also working on ANR its a great game but SW has charecters we all love, it should be easy to convert people.

Magni

#10 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Fantasy Flight Event Center makes the most sense

#11 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

A) I dont think our diverse nature is a major issue. Infact I think it is a strength.

B) Why does FFG EC make the most sense? 

Also the other stores are Dreamers / Monsters Den. It's basically one store two locations though. 

#12 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

It is the company that creates this game. It's the headquarters and I bet they'd have prize support.

#13 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Well, first they need to publish those turny rules - but if X-wing is any example they should be running a league. 

#14 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

They are running a league on Tuesdays, I believe.  I haven't had a chance to come in and check it out, but I might once my schedule allows it (April).

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#15 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

cooleo1c said:

It is the company that creates this game. It's the headquarters and I bet they'd have prize support.

cooleo1c said:

Actually the store (The Event Center) and FFG the Company are two seperate entities in a lot of respects. If the Event Center was to host a league (which don't get me wrong they probably will) it would most likely be run by one of the patrons and not the store itself. David Johnson the guy who manages the EC I know would love to have a league althought he can not commit a employee to run it neccessarily and prize support may be a questionable thing. I know the only reason the X-wing league exists is because one of the memebers of Frozen North runs it and I am not sure if he is doing prize support out of his pocket or the EC is helping, but they do have a few cool things. As for the Dust Legaue they are doing I am running that myself and David Johnson has generously given every person in the league a store membership discount on all Dust items. This is all there really is. 

#16 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

jeeps said:

They are running a league on Tuesdays, I believe.  I haven't had a chance to come in and check it out, but I might once my schedule allows it (April).

I don't know of an Star Wars LCG league, but I know Tuesday is the night they do the X-wing league. Again if you play that you should join the Frozen North  Gaming Club on Facebook as that is where I know a lot of people hear of these things. 

#17 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Denied said:

jeeps said:

I don't know of an Star Wars LCG league, but I know Tuesday is the night they do the X-wing league. Again if you play that you should join the Frozen North  Gaming Club on Facebook as that is where I know a lot of people hear of these things. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I think I will!

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#18 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I *might* have some time on Saturday to meet and play.  Just need a when and where… I'd be free any time after 2:30…

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#19 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I will be @ tower on Thursday (prolly around 4-5) till late playing.

#20 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Jeeps et al

Can I play when I come visit this summer?

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS