Character Creation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Can a character have a better wealth at character creation than the maximum number of advances specified on his card?

(I.e. Can a ratcacher start the game "affluent" ?)

Also, are advances taken at character creation, counted toward the 10 advances needed to finish a career?

I can't find rules for these two questions…

#2 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

JesterX said:

Can a character have a better wealth at character creation than the maximum number of advances specified on his card?

(I.e. Can a ratcacher start the game "affluent" ?)

Also, are advances taken at character creation, counted toward the 10 advances needed to finish a career?

I can't find rules for these two questions…

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "maximum number of advances specified on his card"? Character creation is not really connected at all to the advance options given on the career card (in the lower left of the career cards). Any career can start of as affluent if they spend the creation points.

Advances taken at character creation are not counted toward the 10 needed to finish a career. A new character normally has no rows filled in the Advances taken field on the character sheet.

#3 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Ok, thank you for the reply, it answers all my questions.

#4 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's an amusing anectode about how I was mistaken:

In my first skimming of the career cards, I read the word "Fortune" but in my mind, it was written "Wealth"… 

In my native language (french), one of the meanings of "Fortune" is "Wealth" so I was mistaken by the meaning that I had in mind.

This morning, when I skimmed my career cards again, it all became clear ;)

#5 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hehe, an easy mistake to make I agree. Fortune could easily be interpreted as material wealth also in english (I think, I'm not natively english speaking either). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS