Photo

Still would like to know which senario is the most fun from the core rulebook.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chris cook

chris cook

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just wondering what you all have found as the most fun to play from the core rulebook?

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I like doing competative terrain placment then use the battle builder for objectives.

#3 Maverickg

Maverickg

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I agree, we used the battlebuilder more than the scenarios.  The tournament battlebuilder is a little more fun.  We really had alot of fun with the 3 player scenarios from Zverograd book.  In particular the At All Costs scenario we call the meat grinder.

#4 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Secret Objective, hands down. Makes the game more interesting, and turns it into plotting and anxiety rather than a simple slug-fest. Try it.

#5 simpatikool

simpatikool

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I prefer the battle builder as well. I think it is actually one of the many great selling points for the game.

You can try to tailor lists to the strengths of some of the various battle builder scenarios.

#6 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

The amazing thing with the Battle Builder is that the proper combination can equalize any two armies.

#7 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

A little off-topic but do you think that the Battle Builder can be used with Dust Tactics as well?

#8 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Not without dramatically and massively increasing the amount of terrain in Tactics. That lack of terrain makes it the meat-grinder that is Tactics. If you put in enough terrain to actually have survivability, the game doesn't work the same way.

(Which is why I prefer Warfare; Tactics is written by French idiots.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS