• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spark

Spark

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi everyone:

We recently started to play MoM, and I think it's an amazing game. I've been playing as keeper all the time.

The first time we play, we got 2 situations that we couldn't solve. I re-read the rules, but couldn't find the solution. So, here they are. My 2 questions.

1. The order in wich investigators act, it's decided only once or at the beginnig of every round? The Rulebook says: "Investigator players decide as a group the order in which they wish to act. If they cannot all agree on an order, they proceed clockwise, starting with the player sitting to the left of the keeper. (p.6)", but never clarifies if this must be done every round.
  2. What happens with a spell card once it resolves? Again, the Rulebook says: "After resolving this effect, the player is usually instructed to discard the card (to the bottom of its deck) and then draw a new Spell card of the same type. In this way, a player never quite knows what will happen when he attempts to cast a Spell. (p.16)" It says that USUALLY the card is discarded and the investigator draws a new one. But this is instructed on the reverse of the cards (in some of them). What happens with the others?
Hope you can help me solving this issues. Thanks in advance:
Spark

#2 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Spark said:

Hi everyone:

We recently started to play MoM, and I think it's an amazing game. I've been playing as keeper all the time.

The first time we play, we got 2 situations that we couldn't solve. I re-read the rules, but couldn't find the solution. So, here they are. My 2 questions.

1. The order in wich investigators act, it's decided only once or at the beginnig of every round? The Rulebook says: "Investigator players decide as a group the order in which they wish to act. If they cannot all agree on an order, they proceed clockwise, starting with the player sitting to the left of the keeper. (p.6)", but never clarifies if this must be done every round.
  2. What happens with a spell card once it resolves? Again, the Rulebook says: "After resolving this effect, the player is usually instructed to discard the card (to the bottom of its deck) and then draw a new Spell card of the same type. In this way, a player never quite knows what will happen when he attempts to cast a Spell. (p.16)" It says that USUALLY the card is discarded and the investigator draws a new one. But this is instructed on the reverse of the cards (in some of them). What happens with the others?
Hope you can help me solving this issues. Thanks in advance:
Spark

1.  Interesting.  I never caught that.  I've always just played in a clockwise fashion.  But now that you've brought it to my attention…  upon reading that I would say that they may change the order every round.

2.  Sometimes they are instructed to discard the spell and NOT draw a new one.  However, this only happens on a failure.  Regardless, EVERY spell has instructions on what to do whether you pass or fail.  Most of them say to discard and draw a new one on both pass and fail, but there are the occasional spell cards that instruct you to discard the spell upon a failure and to not draw a new one.

#3 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

1. Investigators play in he order they want each time theyr need to play. They just decide who's next until all investigators have played; then the keeper plays. It is one of the best finding in MoM that maximizes the game fluidity.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon and Mines of Yuggoth

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS