X resource card on a Y hero

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

When i play say a spirit resource attachment card, do i have to put it ONLY on a spirit character? or can i put it on anyone as long as it doesnt say "restricted"?  thanks!

card in question is "unexpected courage" wanted to put it on Aragorn or Legolas.

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

You can put it on anyone.

Some attachments, like Support of the Eagles, have to be played on heroes with a particular resource icon.  It will say so on the card.

The word "restricted" is different, and not related to sphere limitations.  Characters cannot have more than 2 attachments with the Restricted keyword on them at any time.

#3 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

gotcha, thanks! that helps greatly!

#4 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

You only need to pay for it with the correct sphere resources (in this case, Spirit).  It can play on any eligible card.  In this case, Unexpected Courage needs to be attached to a hero as its only restriction.  It is not limited to a specific sphere (eg, Spirit).  Being Restricted does not restrict it to the sphere that "pays" for it.  It only means that a character may only have two attachments with Restricted keyword at the same time.

Edit:  Apologies.  Didn't see the previous answer.  My web-browser is slooooooow today and hadn't loaded the entire page…. oops atontado

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS