• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LFenix

LFenix

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi everyone.

I´ve been trying to figure this out for the last couple days but couldn´t find confirmation anywhere about some situations I recently "suffered" in a match, concerning chars with strength=0

What happens when a char with 0 strength (due to whatever efect you can imagine that reduces it without killing him) is declared as an attacker alone??

I found nothing said about it not being posible, but I´m not sure what happens when the challenge is resolved. I know noone can win the challenge, but is it resolved with no winner? Do passives such as deadly apply? Or does he challenge end inmediatly when the resolution phase starts and teh attacker has 0 strength and there are no defenders? And if there are defenders? Maybe defenders with st=0 too??

This is very confusing for my group, we would apreciate any help you guys with the knowledge can provide, thanks ;)

PD. English is not my natural language so pls excuse all the mistakes I might have made while writting this ;)

#2 LFenix

LFenix

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

sorry for the double post, please delete

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

As long as at least one character is participating in a challenge, it will go to resolution, regardless of STR. Once in resolution, 0 STR on each side (with or without characters) means there is no winner or loser, because neither side can win (according to the rule about needing at least 1 STR to win a challenge. An since there is no winner, there is no award for an unopposed challenge.

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Passive effects and Responses for resolving that challenge can still be initiated, but since most of them include a "winner" or "loser" play restrictions, most of them don't.

For example, Deadly says that after the challenge resolves, if the attacker has more Deadly characters than the defender, the defender has to choose and kill a participating character. None of that depends on anyone winning or losing the challenge, so it still happens because the challenge resolves. On the other hand, Unopposed is only awarded is the attacker wins a challenge and the defender counts 0 STR - and the attacker didn't "win" (even though the defender counted 0 STR).

#5 LFenix

LFenix

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Thanks!

That´s what we thought too, but there is nothing specific about a challenge that noone wins so we weren´t sure.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS