Mines and dice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Herrgeist

Herrgeist

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Do Seismic Charges or Proximity Mines get any rerolls for damage? Like with focus, target lock, marksmen or anything that can change dice? Or do they not count as "attacks"?

#2 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I would say no on both counts. The seismic charge simply deals one damage with no rolls. The proximity mine rolls does but it is not an attack, the defender doesn't get to try and evade and even if it were an attack, the mine does not have any focus tokens or target locks as it is the mine doing the attacking.

#3 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I also think no on both accounts. Essentially proximity mines are like asteroids, but they hit harder (3 dice instead of 1) and go away once they are detonated. Seismic charges just deal 1 damage to every ship within range 1 at the end of the activation phase. So no dice are even rolled for them at all. No tokens can be used to strengthen or reduce the effects of these weapons.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS