• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

hi guys,

i am new to the game and i have currently purchased the core set along with all the mirkwood expansions. i see they have out the new hobbit expansion (under and over hill) and i wanted to get that as well, would i be able to easily skip to that story line and then drop back to grab the others or would skipping that far ahead make completing the adventures almost impossible?

thanks,

TJ

#2 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Good question.  If you have the entire Mirkwood cycle you have a good base to start from.  The Hobbit expansion has some very solid player cards and tough quests, and the Dwarrowdelf cycle (starting with Khazad-dum) has many of the top player cards (Spirit Glorfindel, Elrond, Vilya, etc).  You can't go wrong with either, really.  I'd get one of those before the new Heirs of Numenor, however (there's nothing wrong with it, it just feels more advanced to me than these other sets).

There is a blog, Tales From the Cards, with a post that goes over all the sets and which ones players should get.  I agree with the writer on many (not all) points.

http://talesfromthec...r-buying-guide/

It's a great blog, with a nice new post for newer players as well.

#3 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

good read, thanks for the link.

#4 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

i ended up going with HoN, Kaz, AND Hobbit. lol i think i covered all bases for about $70:) Wednesday its ON! haha

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS