Balanced?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't own this game yet, but played 3 games last night at my games club.  All 3 ended in Dark Side victories although the last game was close.  The Light Side was 1 damage short of a win.  We played different sides and different factions.  Is the game tilted towards the Dark Side at the moment?  I also find the Runner slightly easier to win with in the core set of Netrunner.  Expansions should even things out a bit, but did other players find the same thing?  I enjoyed the game but am not sure yet if I can afford to start a new multi-expansion game with Lord of the Rings, Netrunner and (sorry FFG) Mage Wars already on the go.  I was glad to see that this game is unique and not another Lord of the Rings in space.  It seems closest to Call of Cthulu.  Cheers!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I had the same problem at first (DS won 14 of the first 15 games I played) but it's evened out since then.  There's a bit steeper of a learning curve to LS playing and deck building, but the game itself is balanced once the players figure it out.  I still don't think that's a great thing for the game, but it's better than an incurable imbalance.

#3 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

We have played five games and I believe the Light Side has won every one of them. It is way, way too early to be drawing any conclusions about balance in this game.

#4 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

In general, I think Dark Side is easier to play, which makes the game seem imbalanced.  However, once you have two players who have the game down pretty well, the game feels very balanced.  90% of the games I've played have been really close (within a turn of the losing side winning both times), and that makes it fell really balanced.

#5 HooblaDGN

HooblaDGN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

From what I've played this game swings back and forth like mad. I've taken terrible losses only to prevail in the end and dominated an entire game only to lose at the end.

#6 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

LS seems less powerful at first. But, once you realize how the pieces move together, it seems to balance out quite well with DS builds.

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS