Jump to content



Photo

Multiple copies of a single enhancement on one unit?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darian Ocana

Darian Ocana

    Member

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I couldn't find any reference to there being a limit in the rulebook, but I might have missed it.

For instance: Luke Skywalker is in play and during the draw phase, I draw two "trust your feelings". Can I play both on Luke as long as I can pay the resource cost?



#2 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

    Member

  • Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I believe you can have as many copies of an enhancement on a character as you have available, providing it is non-unique and doesn't specifically say "limit x per character" or something similar.


"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka


#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

You can indeed stack multiple copies of the same enhancement on the same unit.  Yoda, for instance, would love having two lightsabers (as long as he doesn't get Force Choked by Vader…).



#4 StarDuster

StarDuster

    Member

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

dbmeboy said:

You can indeed stack multiple copies of the same enhancement on the same unit.  Yoda, for instance, would love having two lightsabers (as long as he doesn't get Force Choked by Vader…).

 

I was playing against a buffed Yoda such as this just the other night, Luckily my Boba Fett won the Edge Battle by 1 and got to capture him first. Else… that would have hurt.



#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

StarDuster said:

 

dbmeboy said:

 

You can indeed stack multiple copies of the same enhancement on the same unit.  Yoda, for instance, would love having two lightsabers (as long as he doesn't get Force Choked by Vader…).

 

 

 

I was playing against a buffed Yoda such as this just the other night, Luckily my Boba Fett won the Edge Battle by 1 and got to capture him first. Else… that would have hurt.

 

 

Nice.  Granted Fett would have just killed Yoda anyways so the capture part hardly matters.  Come to think of it… I'm not sure how the timing on Fett's reaction works when the damage would destroy a unit since destruction happens immediately.  Perhaps Yoda was actually dead before he could be captured? (Edit: rules question submitted on this one… I hadn't thought of it before and I can't find a clear answer in the rules)



#6 StarDuster

StarDuster

    Member

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

dbmeboy said:

StarDuster said:

 

dbmeboy said:

 

You can indeed stack multiple copies of the same enhancement on the same unit.  Yoda, for instance, would love having two lightsabers (as long as he doesn't get Force Choked by Vader…).

 

 

 

I was playing against a buffed Yoda such as this just the other night, Luckily my Boba Fett won the Edge Battle by 1 and got to capture him first. Else… that would have hurt.

 

 

Nice.  Granted Fett would have just killed Yoda anyways so the capture part hardly matters.  Come to think of it… I'm not sure how the timing on Fett's reaction works when the damage would destroy a unit since destruction happens immediately.  Perhaps Yoda was actually dead before he could be captured? (Edit: rules question submitted on this one… I hadn't thought of it before and I can't find a clear answer in the rules)

 

That's because there isn't a 100% answer in the rules for that situation (to my knowledge). It didn't come up for me (this time) as Lightsaber Deflection came out to kill off one of my shielders for his next attack. However, we have been playing it as a unit hitting it's max value is instantly dead (sans damange preventing cards such as Lightsaber Deflection).






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS