Height of Falcon and Slave 1?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Strange Dude

The Strange Dude

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am currently designing myself a custom tray from battlefoam to hold all my current models and my desired purchases from wave 2. All that remains is for me to designate a thickness of foam for the tray so I am looking for a couple of you lucky kessel run winners to supply me with a height in inches of both the falcon and slave 1.

Thanks in advanced

#2 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

The Strange Dude said:

I am currently designing myself a custom tray from battlefoam to hold all my current models and my desired purchases from wave 2. All that remains is for me to designate a thickness of foam for the tray so I am looking for a couple of you lucky kessel run winners to supply me with a height in inches of both the falcon and slave 1.

Thanks in advanced

Battlefoam already has a storage solution for Wave 2's launch.  Here's the link.

#3 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

The Strange Dude said:

Thanks in advanced

The slave 1 is about 1 5/16 inches. I don't have the falcon, but I know it is not as tall as the Slave 1. 

I was trying to design one myself, I would love to see your design.

#4 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

SteveSpikes said:

The Strange Dude said:

Thanks in advanced

Battlefoam already has a storage solution for Wave 2's launch.  Here's the link.

Agreed, why don't you just purchase this? Surely it's cheaper than designing your own?

#5 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Acebaur said:

SteveSpikes said:

The Strange Dude said:

Thanks in advanced

Agreed, why don't you just purchase this? Surely it's cheaper than designing your own?

It is a little cheaper but it doesn't hold everything I need it to hold.

#6 Jolleyone

Jolleyone

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

The Falcon is just over an 1 1/2" from plastic nub to the top of the dish, it is right at 4 "across the middle, and 5 1/4" long.

Hope this helps

#7 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Carist said:

Acebaur said:

SteveSpikes said:

The Strange Dude said:

Thanks in advanced

It is a little cheaper but it doesn't hold everything I need it to hold.

How many ships do you have?!?! lol

#8 The Strange Dude

The Strange Dude

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thanks guys I would just buy the tray from battlefoam but I live in the uk and the postage is extreme plus it doesn't meet my exact requirements.

Here is my tray (the large square sections hold the bases I have compartmental boxes for all the other bits.

#9 Iceplague

Iceplague

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thx for the info on the Falcon height, was looking for that aswell.
If someone would be kind enough measure the lenght, width and hight of the TIE Interceptor and A-wing, would be fantastic! :)
I'm also taking the Battle Foam route in getting a transport for the minies.

I measured that the X-wing is nearly 2" long, and the foam is 2" high, perfect, why not just place the X-wing standing upwards, same idea with the other ships, since I thought they took way too much space by using the pre-cut easy to use shapes.
So I made rectangles of various shapes instead and estimated the amount of ships I'd invest in. But as it is now, I still need more infor on the A-wing and TIE Interceptor to get it all done.
So far I've made it to fit:

• Millenium Falcon
  • Slave 1
  • 10 Tie Fighters (Right on top in 2 rows).
  • 4 Tie Advances (Right above the Slave 1, it says 5 on the image, but since I did the measurements wrong, it can fit only 4 so far)
  • 6 X-wings (upper column next to the Falcon).
  • 4 Y-wings (far bottom left, these are placed on their sides, since they are only 0,25" high).
  • 5 A-wings (These are under the X-wings, als these might change since I don't have the true measurements yet and just estimated the size from the pre-cut shape and images from the web).
  • Maybe future room for wave3 models/dice/markers, havent decided yet.

Here's an image on how I've proceeded so far, saving much space and getting a lot of minies on the tray, and this is for a C4 army transport.
Oh, should point out again that I made wrong measurements on the TIE Advances, so ignore those for now. Also ignore the A-wings since the size might change there aswell. So a WIP foam tray.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS