• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cmage

cmage

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

HI,

I wanted to say thanks to FFG for the good prize support for the 1st tournament. I have been in many mini games and the 1st prise in the 1st tuornament has beeen an LE (Limited Edition), that neavers goes out agian. The winners keep on winning because of the edge they are given. Now we have a edge for about 2 months then everyone can catch up. Early winners do not become untouchable and every one had fun. Thanks agian for a job well done.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

cmage said:

HI,

I wanted to say thanks to FFG for the good prize support for the 1st tournament. I have been in many mini games and the 1st prise in the 1st tuornament has beeen an LE (Limited Edition), that neavers goes out agian. The winners keep on winning because of the edge they are given. Now we have a edge for about 2 months then everyone can catch up. Early winners do not become untouchable and every one had fun. Thanks agian for a job well done.

And Kessel Run winners don't even have an edge for those 2 months for tournament play - the Wave 2 ships aren't tournament legal until their official release.  Good job indeed.

#3 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

So far I am very pleased with everything FF has done with this game. I was a little apprehensive at first due to my past experience with a few of the FF's card games. Their job with X-wing has let me leave those memories in the past and enjoy the goodness that is X-wing. Thank you very much Fantasy Flight. I look forward to seeing what else you do with this game.

#4 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Agreed. FFG has done a phenomenal job with this X-Wing game. I'm also very much enjoying their Star Wars Living Card Game.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#5 HooblaDGN

HooblaDGN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I wish that I could have made Kessel Run, but I got a chunk of film work at that time, and when you're freelance film you don't turn a week of work down, even for your favorite game's big tournament with the new ships.

So far, everything I've seen come out of FFG Star Wars has been great, and I look forward to the future.

#6 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm new to the game, but love it so far.  Unfortunately, I didn't even know about the game before Christmas time…so no Kessel run events for me…I think they would have been a blast just for the different opponents attending!! I'm already looking forward to the regional competitions…and hoping there is one relatively close to me!~Ron

#7 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

I also give kudos to FFG for the game they have created. There are good options and good balance for squad building. And you don't have the way expensive uber good pieces in order to have a good squad that other games have had.

I also think the Kessel Run was a bit of genius, as it put a taste of Wave 2 into our mouths, whetting our appetites for the next release of ships. But, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed, there are a LOT of new posters on here as well in the past month. It's a little annoying in that they don't look at old threads before making new ones covering the same topics, but still, the activity of new users on here has definitely increased in the past month. So, good job to FFG, and keep the waves coming. :)

#8 Valaris99

Valaris99

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

I also wanted to chime in on this.  I picked up the game for my kids for xmas and ended up playing it waaaay more than they did.  My neighbor comes over almost daily to play a round.  I was pretty apprehensive on it to begin but the tactician in me keeps yelling to play more play more!!  I only wish they had included even just a paper map to play on.  So now I am forced to look for a third party to supply me with a play mat.  That is about the only downside I can  say to what I have played with this.  I can't wait for the new models/ships to come out.  I hope you continue to support this game for a time to come and eventually come out with some giant scenarios.  I can only keep my fingers crossed at having some capital ships on the board!  Great job!

#9 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

We went to the local fabric store and got a 3' x 3' piece of black craft felt cut. Not fancy but it works just fine. For $5 or so you have a perfectly good play surface. This is what was used for our local Kessel Run event and it was great.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS