Investigators dream-team: suggestions and advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndreaDraco83

AndreaDraco83

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

First of all, I know that there really isn't something like a dream-team of investigators, since the ideal character setup depens on the map and on the Keeper's style of play.

However, I'd like to know if you have a favored team of investigators and why.

We usually play with Joe Diamond (with the Magnifying Glass) and Dexter Drake (with the Mists of Releh) for their impressive mobility, and cicle through the more aggressive characters, like Michael McGlenn or Ashcan Pete or Harvey Walters (if we want to go with arcane damage dealers). Now, we're debating about the inclusion of a healer-type of character, like Vernon Lee or Catherine Fenn.

What do you guys think? And what are your favorite characters?

#2 paredrus

paredrus

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

We have only played 3 games thus far, but Harvey Walters proved the most popular and successful, with Joe Diamond a close second. We only play the basic game so I can't comment on Dexter Drake.

In terms of a team, I suggest using investigators with diverse skills. My favorite team (although I do play as the keeper) is: Harvey Walters (with Shrivelling), Joe Diamond (with Magnifying Glass), Kate Winthrop (with Flux Stabilizer) and Michael McGlenn (with Thommy Gun).

#3 AndreaDraco83

AndreaDraco83

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

That's almost exactly the same team we always used up until the release of Forbidden Alchemy! :)

I like Kate Winthrop, and especially her once-per-game ability to see the objective before it is revealed.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS