lightsaber deflection - clarification

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike the Turtle

Mike the Turtle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Concerning when Lightsaber Deflection is played…

1) who decides the new target?

2) assuming the player who plays LD picks the target - does the target have to be one of their units, or can it be sent to any of the opponents units (including the one who the original attack came from, possibly destroying it in tne process)?

Thanks

#2 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I would have thought that the person playing the card ie LS gets to choose the tartget of that point of damage. with the intent of deflecting it back to the DS player.

#3 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

But the text says "deal 1 point of that damage to another target unit instead."  Not "target enemy unit," "target unit."  So you could deflect that 1 point to one of your own units.  I can't recall off the top of my head if such a card exists now, but there may be card effects that trigger when the unit is damaged that the Light Side player might want to trigger on their turn.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

DailyRich said:

But the text says "deal 1 point of that damage to another target unit instead."  Not "target enemy unit," "target unit."  So you could deflect that 1 point to one of your own units.  I can't recall off the top of my head if such a card exists now, but there may be card effects that trigger when the unit is damaged that the Light Side player might want to trigger on their turn.

The easiest example of when they might want to direct damage to their own unit: redirecting it to Leia to trigger her ability.

#5 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

DailyRich said:

I agree, but I still think it up to the LS player as the player of lightsaber deflection to say where that point of damage goes.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Wheelz said:

DailyRich said:

I agree, but I still think it up to the LS player as the player of lightsaber deflection to say where that point of damage goes.

Most definitely.  The LS player chooses where the damage goes, and can pick to send it to either an enemy unit or one of their own units (Leia) as desired.

#7 circledude

circledude

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I could see that being useful if you wanted to free up a force card as well. Kill the unit with the force card, maybe get it on a better force unit

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS