• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 migueltoes

migueltoes

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi all,

Just one question, because I think we´re doing something wrong. 

Palpatine has the ability to recover an event card from the discard pile as soon as an LS objective is destroyed. If you use Superlaser, paying 4 resources, you destroy one objective…then I assume you put the event card into the discard pile and resolve Palpatine ability, which returns Superlaser to your hands. You´ll only have to keep doing this each turn…Is this possible? I´m thinking and thinking, but I can´t find any flaw in the timeline:

Event - Destroy objective/Discard event - Trigger response ability from Palpatine - Return Event to your hand

Is this right? Because if it is, I think it´s completely unbalanced…

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Palpatine can only return Sith event cards when objectives are destroyed and Superlaser Blast is an Imperial Navy card.

#3 StarDuster

StarDuster

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Remember the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." ? It applies here. Factions are only going to get more important as the new sets roll out for SWLCG, so be aware of the false synergies due to faction and/or other restrictions.

#4 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, it's sometimes still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Vader isn't in the Imperial faction.

#5 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

DailyRich said:

Yeah, it's sometimes still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Vader isn't in the Imperial faction.

I would imagine they will make an Imperial Vader.

#6 migueltoes

migueltoes

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

LOL. At the end the answer was easiest than I though. You´re right, my fault. Thanks!

#7 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

besides if the timing is nearly similar as in agot, the event is not in your discard by the time when you trigger the response (¿interrupt?)…..the moribund thingy and all that.

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Francisco G. said:

besides if the timing is nearly similar as in agot, the event is not in your discard by the time when you trigger the response (¿interrupt?)…..the moribund thingy and all that.

If Palpatine's ability was an interrupt, I would definitely agree with you.  With it being a reaction, I'm a little less sure on exactly how the timing would work.  Luckily, it doesn't matter in this case.

#9 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

TGO said:

DailyRich said:

I would imagine they will make an Imperial Vader.

Wow, that never even occurred to me as a possibility.  I'm guessing if that happens, we'll also see a Rebel Han, and neutral and Rebel Landos.

#10 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Francisco G. said:

nothing in the rules indicates that the timing structure for swlcg includes a moribund state.  Interrupts resolve before the interrupted action takes effect, and reactions resolve after.  I see no reason to read a moribund state into these rules.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#11 StarDuster

StarDuster

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

DailyRich said:

Wow, that never even occurred to me as a possibility.  I'm guessing if that happens, we'll also see a Rebel Han, and neutral and Rebel Landos.

I also foresee a Rebel Luke. While he had a lightsaber and some quick training from Obi Wan, I wouldn't have classified him as a "Jedi" until later on in the series -- well after he was fighting for the Alliance.

#12 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I wonder if the LS and DS Landos will have identical gameplay and artwork…

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS