2013 East Coast Regional Planning

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Looks like a bunch of us are going to organize a regional here on the East Coast. RIght now it looks like we'll hold it at the Compleat Strategist in NYC. In addition to the FFG provided prizes we expect to get goodies, prizes, gift certificates, etc. from the store as well. 

Players from NYC, Philadelphia, Boston have signed on so far. 

If you think you'd like to participate please post here and / or contact me at mbwmwg@gmail.com.

Thanks,

"Brooklyn" Mike Willner

#2 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Looking forward to it.  Let me know if you need any help!

#3 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

OK, I've fulled out the application to host the 2013 East Coast regional championships. We'll find out for certain on Feb 15, but I'm going to get started organiging the event assuming we will get it. 

First most helpful thing would be for folks to send me the names of the local game stores and game clubs in your area where CoC is played or sold. We'll be following up with them to see how they can contribute to making our event bigger, better, more special than ever. Post them here or mail me at mbwmwg@gmail.com

#4 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hey Mike - sadly I don't have any gaming shops anywhere near me.  The closest shop I game at is 7th Dimension Games which is near Philly (I am about 2 hours north near Scranton).  This is the same store that we had the regional at last summer.  

I think there are some CoC players near DC and Maryland as well, maybe we can convince them to come to the NYC regional.  Also, Tom Capor if you are interested….send me a PM.  You're welcome to head over form Pitt and we can carpool into NYC.

#5 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

I was hoping that the regionals would be in a little closer to our area than NYC. Philly is much more doable since going to NYC would mean either a very early and very late bus/train ride, or carpooling, or staying at a hotel for a night, and of those carpooling would be the most financially feasible for me, but I don't know if there are enough players in the DC/MD area that would want to go to NYC.

Philly would be much more likely for me to attend, and I'm still hoping that Games and Stuff in the Baltimore area might host a regional as they did for 2011.

I wouldn't mind trying to host one for the MD/DC area if people would come to both DC and NYC. I think they're far enough away that they wouldn't cannibalize from Boston or NYC. What do you guys think?

#6 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I suspect two East Coast events would be one too many … How many people are we talking about coming up? It sounds crazy, but maybe I could put up 2 or 3 in my place for the night and then you could make a weekend in NYC out of it! 

If you are really stuck, and can't make it, let's see how many players we are talking about and think again about two events.

#7 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

BrooklynMike said:

I suspect two East Coast events would be one too many … How many people are we talking about coming up? It sounds crazy, but maybe I could put up 2 or 3 in my place for the night and then you could make a weekend in NYC out of it! 

If you are really stuck, and can't make it, let's see how many players we are talking about and think again about two events.

Who knows? Maybe FFG will sanction more than one tournament. While I know that AGoT has a larger player base, they had regionals in NYC, NY state, NJ, DC, and Toronto (and 5 in CA!) If the dates were right and I could manage it, I would certainly go to two CoC regionals. :) It was unfortunate last year that they decided to put the CoC regionals on the same date as the DC AGoT regionals (which I was organizing), as I would have made the 6th player at Jenkinstown. There are maybe 2 guys in DC/MD that would go. I'll have to see if they want to plan for it.

I did find out that Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, MD is applying to host CoC regionals this year, so we'll see what happens. Ultimately, if it goes to NY instead, I'll still try hard to go. What date did you apply for?

#8 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think the weekend before Labor Day. If they award two regionals I'll see if I can't make it down to MD to give you guys a chance kick my butt.

#9 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

MD is not too far, if the date works out I might head down to that one as well.

#10 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

BrooklynMike said:

I think the weekend before Labor Day. 

Do you mean Memorial Day? May 25 or 26 or around there?

#11 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yes, weekend before Memorial Day.

#12 Catward40hands

Catward40hands

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

I'd be interested in a MD or DC regionals. I have 3 interested.

#13 GrahamM

GrahamM

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

The weekend before Memorial Day would unfortunately not work for us up in Boston. It's right at the end of finals period/just when everyone is leaving school for us.

#14 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Let's see a few things first: Who FFG awards the Regionals to. If both NYC and MD win, then I'll go ahead and coordinate the NYC date so as not to overlap with the MD date. Maybe you can make one of those once we get done scheduling.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS