Photo

Barmaid! Vindication!!! Wahahahahahaaaa!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

They all scoffed when I predicted that one of the characters in the City expansion would be a barmaid!   "Scoff, scoff!" they all scoffed.  

You may all line up for your meals of hat and crow.  :)  

http://www.fantasyfl...-tavernmaid.jpg

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#2 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I said barmaid too.

Had no idea how they would implement but quite interesting.

Too much Strength for my liking, same as Amazon?? Perhaps she is Tika Waylan.

#3 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I also thought it was a barmaid, and I'm glad she is. But yeah, her strength is a bit high. I love her abilities, though.

I do wish they went a little less pretty with her. When I think of a barmaid, I think of a stouter woman.

#4 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

It's no barmaid, it's a tavernmaid ;)

Well, I guess you where right and I was wrong. At least I was right about the Spy. No ratcatcher there ;)

#5 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Looks like a hilariously fun character. Can't wait to play her!

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

She seems wonderful, and so do the other two! Any clues on the 3 not named?

#7 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yes it was me who said it was a rat catcher. More in hope than anything else, I always believed it was actually a Spy.

Very pleased with the Tavern Maid's abiities, Spy was more unusual in 2nd edition but probably more effective now.

The other 3 I am guessing are : Tinker, Bounty Hunter & some sort of Elemental which looks very intersting.

Someone (with more time than myself) should do a lowdown on all of the Talisman characters and when they are strongest

i.e. smaller/larger group, which expansions, which phase of the game 

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Tavern Maid is funny.

It seems that the Tavern maid can always land on a character, even if she rolls higher for her movement.

She can follow them, and steal everytime 1 gold from them and maybe more.

This can be usefull with the city expansion.

#9 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Interesting dynamic with the Tavern Maid and Spy being able to "teleport" to any other character's location.

I I understand it right, the Tavern Maid serves more than one character on the space if she wishes.

As she does not need to roll exact number either, if you have the Spy following a character that is in range of her, she could easily get two customers

#10 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Just think,

Some say Talisman does not have any strategy and is all random!

#11 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Velhart said:

Tavern Maid is funny.

It seems that the Tavern maid can always land on a character, even if she rolls higher for her movement.

Stealing, Velhart? Seriously (lol).  The Tavern 'Wench' is giving a drink to parched travelers. Certainly she deserves her mere tip?

#12 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

BanthaFodder said:

Interesting dynamic with the Tavern Maid and Spy being able to "teleport" to any other character's location.

I I understand it right, the Tavern Maid serves more than one character on the space if she wishes.

As she does not need to roll exact number either, if you have the Spy following a character that is in range of her, she could easily get two customers

Tavern Maid: Mr. Spy! You look so thirsty following that Fire-Wizard around! Would you like a drink?   I promise not to blow your cover (might cost more than 1 gold, LOL!)

#13 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

0beron said:

Velhart said:

Tavern Maid is funny.

Stealing, Velhart? Seriously (lol).  The Tavern 'Wench' is giving a drink to parched travelers. Certainly she deserves her mere tip?

It´s not actually stealing indeed, but by serving your opponent´s characters, you can make them poor haha :)

#14 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

0beron said:

She seems wonderful, and so do the other two! Any clues on the 3 not named?

The 4th character is the tinkerer.

But who are the other two..

Bounty hunter maybe..

#15 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I agree with those who think her Strength is a bit high, but she looks indeed like a very fun character! I think my favourite thing about her is her ability to choose the result at the Tavern. No more failures to cross to the Temple! And she also has a reliable way to teleport around the Outer Region. =D

#16 talismanisland

talismanisland

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Tiggurix said:

I agree with those who think her Strength is a bit high…

I take it you have never seen some of the barmaids around these parts? :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#17 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

talismanisland said:

Tiggurix said:

I agree with those who think her Strength is a bit high…

I take it you have never seen some of the barmaids around these parts? :)

Well, I don't really know how barmaids in general look, seeing as I never visit bars, but this barmaid in specific doesn't look very tough, at least not when compared to the Amazon and Dragon Rider, two "objectively" tough women. =P

#18 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Strength is just a statistic number…

The thief also has 3 strenght and he doesn't look that though either…

Look at it this way.. Most characters are as strong or stronger than an icebear (strenght 2), just to get som perspective ;)

#19 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Nidhögg said:

Strength is just a statistic number…

The thief also has 3 strenght and he doesn't look that though either…

Look at it this way.. Most characters are as strong or stronger than an icebear (strenght 2), just to get som perspective ;)

Well yeah, that's a fair point. In any case, I've always seen Strength in battle as a representation of skill as well as physical strength, so I guess we could reason that the Tavern Maid has taken some classes from a swordsmaster on the side of her job. =P Also, I've always thought that the Ice Bear is weaker than the standard Bear because it is starved and emaciated from its trip far up north.

#20 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Tiggurix said:

I agree with those who think her Strength is a bit high, but she looks indeed like a very fun character! I think my favourite thing about her is her ability to choose the result at the Tavern. No more failures to cross to the Temple! And she also has a reliable way to teleport around the Outer Region. =D

Although nerfed a little in the same way that the Sentinal now is, in that from the Wharf in the city you can go to the middle region for 1G

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS