Millenium Falcon Preview

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

FFG has posted a Millenium Falcon Preview in the News section. While nothing in there is really earth-shattering to those of us who have been following the discussions here and other forums, I was struck by this opening quote:

"Last year, during the development of the second wave of single-starfighter expansions for the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniature Game™"…

Does anyone else think that this may imply that they are developing multiple-starfighter expansions? Where do you think they could go with that?

#2 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Um, I can only imagine something like another core set as being a "multiple-starfighter expansion." Aside from that, I don't think they will be issuing anything with mulitple starfighters. Unless they issue a Star Destroyer with a Correllian Corvette coming with it…:P

#3 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Maybe a 3-pack of Rogue Squadron X-Wings that have to be fielded together? They could do a similar setup for the 181st too…

#4 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Cid_MCDP said:

Maybe a 3-pack of Rogue Squadron X-Wings that have to be fielded together? They could do a similar setup for the 181st too…

I LOVE this idea!

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#5 david-gfe-games

david-gfe-games

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Love the Falcon and hope the hints about future expansions turn out ot be true.

#6 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

This preview is like getting honeymoon from your dad on your fifth anniversary.  atontado I hope FFG won't always miss the mark so hard with their previews.

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

This preview is like getting honeymoon from your dad on your fifth anniversary.  atontado I hope FFG won't always miss the mark so hard with their previews.

That first sentence sounds like something out of a VC Andrews novel.  I know what you mean (I hope), but it just read funny.

Ultimately, I felt the same way when I saw the preview article.  I would say that for the most part, those of us who are actively playing the game have read all the material contained withing the new ship boxes (movement data, pilot cards, upgrade cards) so none of this is really "news" to us, but I can see the article still being of value to a more casual player, or even a non-player that is interested in the game.

I'll tell you right now, back in the summer, when the Wave 2 information was floating around, and I saw that a Millenium Falcon was going to be a thing in this game, it went from "mildly interested" to "must have" on my list immediately.  I suspect the preview article will provide similar results for any people still on the fence about whether or not to get into the game.

#8 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

cleardave said:

I suspect the preview article will provide similar results for any people still on the fence about whether or not to get into the game.

Seeing the Falcon pic released long ago is what got me i nterested in the game, certainly.

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#9 Kamaka

Kamaka

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

hothie said:

Um, I can only imagine something like another core set as being a "multiple-starfighter expansion." Aside from that, I don't think they will be issuing anything with mulitple starfighters. Unless they issue a Star Destroyer with a Correllian Corvette coming with it…:P

A Correllian Corvette would be awesome, but a Star Destroyer would be too large to fit on my table, and a set like that would cost more than my yearly wages I bet.  It would be a very small target market for a set like that.  With that said I would love to own it (if I had the space for it in my house).  I would like to see something like a TIE Defender or Bespin Cloud Car.  A B-wing or Snow Speeder would be rad too.

#10 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

My guess is that "single starfighter" expansions is just how they refer to the expansions, to differentiate them since the core set comes with 3 ships. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS