• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seikimaru

Seikimaru

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

hi guys

I want to know if powers like Energy discharge, are to be considered an elemental attack (and thus can only be parried with -80 penalities)). My GM always say it's a normal attack like an arrow..but hell it's a kind of lighning! 

tnx

#2 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Energy Discharge

Allows characters to use their Psychic Projection for performing attacks. This Power uses the Electricity Attack Table with a base damage that varies according to the character's success at activating it. ~~ This attacks is Perfectly Visible. (Page 206)

Supernatural Attacks (Page 93)

~~ Somewhere along the middle of the page just before Blocking Energy and  other Supernatural Attacks~~ It is worth making special mention that attacks made with Electricity, Cold, or Heat, since in a more limited way, these can also be difficult to block. If someone attempts to block one of these attacks, such as an Igneous Discharge, a Penalty of 120 applies to his Ability for not being able to Block Energy. Once again though, there are no added penalties to the Dodge Ability.

Also, Direct Attack Spells(Lightbeam, Fireball etc) and Psychic Abilities(Energy Discharge, Ice Splinters etc) are considered Fired Projectiles. (Page 92)

#3 Leigngod

Leigngod

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

On page 93 of the core rule book, it states in the Energy Attacks section at the last paragraph, there is a -120 to block them. This ability in particular states it is electricity rather than energy. However no penalty to dodging.

Edit: heh snaps my fingers i hoped i was the first to reply but barely beaten ><

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS