Portland, OR players?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anyone in Portland or the surrounding area? I'm close to both Guardian Games and Red Castle, and it would be cool to see a scene for this game develop. Doesn't look like either of those stores have events yet.

In any case, let's get together and play! I've only got my feet wet, playing 4 games with the starter decks, and not having built any decks yet. I'm looking to do that soon.

#2 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Im in Salem, portland is like 45 mins to an hour away, i dont get down there too much. The scene up here isnt all that great for star wars either. Everyone at my lcg plays yugio, magic and heroclix. I dont play those, used to do hero clix but it got too expensive. But yeah theres not many ppl here cuz i also like playing the X-wing game.

#3 PWBrian

PWBrian

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

If you're close to Guardian, it might be a little out of the way, but some of us play in an LCG night at Rainy Day Games on alternating Thursdays.  There are at least two or three people that have Star Wars and the next meet up is on the 10th at 6:00pm.

#4 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Ooh, Aloha's tough, especially on a weeknight, but thanks for the heads up! I'll try to make it.

#5 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Guys I am an old decipher star wars ccg player. We still have 10 - 15 that play "competitively" here in the northwest.

I live in Aloha and picked up a couple core sets for the new FFG star wars. I am testing the waters and if this game pans out could add some critical mass by encouraging the others to come out.

or maybe there is already enough that play it looks like rainy day is almost sold out of the product.

Anyway i can stop in for an hour on the 10th but will have to take off for another commitment at 7:00pm.

It would be nice to get in a few games and see what you think about the game.

thanks c you then

#6 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I think there'll eventually be a scene in Portland, but the game's just too new. I'd love to run a weekly night at Guardian Games except I already run RPG and playtesting events there twice monthly.

#7 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

yeah was just at rainy day this past sunday picking up the star trek deck building game. Prob is its soooo far, and i dont got alot of cash for gas so i usually only make it down their once every few months

#8 grogbox

grogbox

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Saturday evenings at Cloud Cap Games there's a game night, and they're starting to advertise it as an LCG night as well. The owners and staff are big fans of the Star Wars LCG

#9 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Cloud Cap's not too far for me, especially on a Saturday when I'm not trying to get anywhere from work.

#10 Shade92000

Shade92000

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I live in NE Portland and I'm thinking of looking into getting this game but wanted to see if there was intrest in the area before I bought it. My only day off is sunday so I would likely be looking for a group to play every other sunday… does anyone happen to know any place that has sunday support for this game?

#11 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hey just letting the OR players know i will be hosting a demo day this sat march 30th 11-8 at borderlands games in salem OR. I will be demoing the star wars lcg and the X-wing miniatures game. So if anyone is able to come wel be happy to have you.

#12 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

who is playing regularly and where?

Is rainy day still doing the every other Thursday gig...

#13 Calyn

Calyn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've been playing this game casually with friends and would love to see it grow more into a community here in Portland as well. Guardian Games and Red Castle are the easiest for me but if Could Cap is playing on Saturday nights I may have to stop by there and see how it goes. It would be great to see a playgroup develop here in Portland.

#14 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Gaurdian Games most Wednesdays at 4:30pm.

Pm me for contact info if you want to play some games.

#15 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

@ R.Free_DLOTS
PM doesn't seem to work for your account?
If any tournaments for Star Wars LCG or X-Wing are scheduled, please let us know. I believe the community for these games is growing as all over the valley product is starting to be gobbled up at the 3-4 shops on my typical travel routes.

#16 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Apparently Borderlands Games in Salem has Monday Nights @ 5pm for X-Wing, LCG, and Edge of the Empire.
I will be trying to go there when I can (Mondays are not best for me). I also throw Star Wars gaming parties at my home or my Dad's place in Yamhill county fairly often on Fridays. If anyone is in McMinville/Newberg area and interested in invite, PM me.

#17 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

So, I have been away from this game for a while. I really miss it, since it's fantastic. I bought a few of the expansions, and I'd like to start playing again! Making a weekly trip to Salem isn't in the cards for me (groan), but Red Castle & Guardian are great places for me to play (or Unplugged Games).

If anyone wants to meet up and play, I'd love to.

#18 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I am hosting games every monday night in salem at borderlands games at 5pm. Also sat oct 26th we have an x-wing miniatures tournament going on, $10 entry fee 6 player minumum, 100 pt squads, winner gets $50 store credit, and ill be giving out some game night kit stuff. The oct 26 tournament is at noon. Or just come down for a demo or friendly game of x-wing or the card game.

We are also running the edge of the empire campaigns on monday around 9pm.

#19 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thanks yagyu, but I'm only playing SW The Card Game (and Netrunner, but it's not hard to find games of that), and Salem is too far out. Glad that you guys seem to have a good scene down there, though!

#20 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

If I can get all my work done tomorrow in time, I plan to be there around 6ish?
If I stayed for the RPG later in night, is there anything extra I need to know for character creation?

Edited by JaceMoonstrider, 13 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS