LS: Jedi-based control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I know dbmeboy ran a Community Deck-Building project where the end result was a Jedi deck splashing Smugglers and Spies for tactics abuse, but after playing with the deck, I just found it lacking compared to the base-Rebels decks I've played, including a Rebel Control splashing Smugglers and Spies constructed by FFG themselves. However, I know there's a solid control skeleton in Jedi somewhere, and I think I've thrown something together that I think might just work.

Affiliation: Rebel Alliance

Objectives (10):
2 A Hero's Journey
2 Forgotten Heroes
2 Jedi Training
2 Mission Briefing
2 Fleeing the Empire

Forgotten Heroes and Jedi Training form the core of the deck, providing four of the very powerful Jedi Mind Trick, and six Force Users for triggering Forgotten Heroes' reaction between them. Jedi Training also helps you passively hold the Force through the objective itself and Ancient Monument. From there, A Hero's Journey rounds out the Jedi objectives, mostly for giving access to Luke, but Trust Your Feelings, the Jedi Lightsaber, and Dagobah Training Grounds are all appreciated.

From there, Mission Briefing justifies choosing the Rebel Alliance as my affiliation, and continues to be potentially the best Light Side objective set in the game. Between the extra draw, Heavy Blaster Emplacement, and Battlefield Engineers, Mission Briefing gives everything a control deck could possibly want. Finally, I went with Fleeing the Empire to round out the deck. Sacrificing Leia on a critical turn can end the game in one massive assault or cripple an offense by the Dark Side attacking while they thought you defenseless, and the objective set grants even more draw in the form of Stolen Plans and You're My Only Hope.

Anyways, the game plan is just as simple as my earlier Rebel deck, if a little harder to pull off - gain control of the Force, systematically shut down the Dark Side's offense, and win the game in the course of one or two explosive turns.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one having trouble getting the deck to work. It looked pretty good on paper before having played many games, but just didn't have enough punch. I'll have to try out your take on control to see how it works out.

#3 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I've been working on a similar deck, and I keep coming back to The Secret of Yavin 4.  I'm very high on Twist of Fate right now, 3PO's cancel is always useful, and Lightsaber Deflection mucks with battle math, which I love.   Ahh, deckbuilding is hard!

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#4 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

I do like Secret of Yavin 4, between 3PO, Lightsaber Deflection, and Guardian of Peace, it's almost tailor-made to frustrate Sith decks. I'll try Secret over Fleeing the Empire.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS