Combat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaiHe

BaiHe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I was looking through the forums and I didn't notice this (I don't like copying topics) but has anyone figured out a way to make the combat a little bit faster? Whenever I do play it seems like it takes a million years even for simple fights (even with just two characters).

#2 Maru hatsune

Maru hatsune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I know how you feel. it's something that i've been working on as well.

for starters. it's best to learn all the penalties and bonuses all by heart so that way you're not searching every 10 minutes to make sure you got all the right situational mods. if not, use a GM screen. and for a game like this, I would highly reccommend using one.

for initiative. id say, use tokens and a ruler. that way you don't have to write down the initiative track all the time, you can just place where everyone is all for each round. another good tip to use. calculator works wonders as well for this game also.

#3 Heart of the Tiger

Heart of the Tiger

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Take the d100 away and roll d10 instead, taking the last number away from combat stas (only for rolling dice, not for real). This way a dodge value of 235 will become a 23. Please note, that this method will be problematic if you get an open roll (9) or roll a 0, but then you can just roll the other d10 to see if the result is a 1,2,3 (fumble) or another 0, which makes your roll a 100.

I have not tested ths method yet and I'm sure it has other problems that im not thinking about right now, but its much easier to calculate 23+1d10 than 235+ 1d100, at least for me.

#4 BaiHe

BaiHe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

maybe ill also just get rid of the counter attack system. I hated it to begin with. thanks for the suggestion

#5 VoidCabbage

VoidCabbage

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

You might want to take a look at this thread here http://www.fantasyfl...=530627&efpag=0

Also I would recommend not removing the counterattack system. Some characters rely on it to do damage at all and it is not like you have constant chains of people counterattacing counterattacks. You can only counterattack if you have previously declared the number of attacks you will make that turn and you have not yet made some of those attacks.

Oh and I found a whiteboard to be a good investment. It makes keeping track of stuff a little easier. Not to mention how easily it can be turned into a map for combat.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS