HOW TO STORE CARDS

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Vitamin T

Vitamin T

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

With the 6 card objective sets used in SWLCG I would like to store my cards in some kind of 6 pocket binder.  I havent really had any luck finding something like this and I was just wondering if anyone else had come up with a good way to store their cards.

TL

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm just using normal 9 card pages. 

#3 thequiffisdead

thequiffisdead

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I wondered this too, but the only folders I have found are either 4 or 9 pocket.

Keeping mine sleeved in the box for now but think in the long run i'll end up getting 9 pocket pages.

#4 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I started out with mine in 9pocket pages, and quickly decided that it really was great for paging through cards at a glance, but horrible for drawing them out, sleeving them, and preparing them for play. Every time. For 60 cards. 120 if building a deck for both sides.

So what I ended up with was getting a pack of force lightning and a pack of blue lightsaber FFG sleeves, and 3 100-ct boxes of black dragon sleeves. That configuration will do 2 core sets nearly exactly. I put all the objectives, affiliations, and force commital cards in the lightsaber / lightning (depending on faction) and all the command deck cards in dragon sleeves. Then, I just set them up by pod and put them back in the core set box. The box holes all the cards from both core sets if you flip the initial cardboard thing over and stick it back in the box. At a glance with the different types of sleeves, I can see the divisions between pods.

#5 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I cant take credit for this, but a friend of mine recomended putting each pod in a Penny Sleave, it works out great 6 cards fit in 1 sleave great and then just set them up for LS and DS in a box.

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#6 iStasis

iStasis

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I've managed to fit and organise all my SW LCG cards into a MTG holiday box which feels the right size for holding 6 decks sleeved and the spare cards and tokens from 2core sets plus room for expansions to come. Best bit the box fits into a pack pack.

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

My plan: objective sets not currently in decks get a page in a binder with 9 pocket pages. Currently built decks get sleeved and stored in my old SWCCG Third Anthology box along with all of the tokens and such things.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone tried storing the necessary tokens for this game in an FFG deck box's underside compartment? I know the Death Star Dial fits, but after that, is there enough room to hold a respectable number of focus, damage and shield tokens? 

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#9 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I use the FFG boxes with the understide token tubs for my two playing decks, red for DS and blue for LS.  I've split the tokens in half and put them in each tub and then the Balance Token and Death Star I've put in the main card area of my DS deck box.

#10 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have resorted to storing all of my fantasy flight card games in their original boxes. I have a huge abundance of little, air tight plastic bags from games and so I divide my cards up using those.

With star wars I have put all my pods in their own bags so when I want to play it, deck building involves looking at the cards in a specific bag and then deciding if I want that pod. This system works really well with new players as it gives them a good idea of what their deck is made up of in a visually clear manner. (until they are all shuffled together that is)

I have not got card sleeves yet but they are next on my list :)

#11 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I've got 5 of the cheap, $1.95 UltraPro deckboxes.  4 for the decks, and one holds all the tokens.  I'm planning on going the penny sleeve route when it comes time, and they can all be stored in a simple cardboard deckbox from your FLGS.  When the collections really gets big, I'll binder them.

#12 Ulairi

Ulairi

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Light Side Objectives: White Ultra Pro matte sleeves

Dark Side Objectives: Black Ultra Pro matte sleeves

Light Side Unit and Enhancement cards: Blue Ultra Pro matte sleeves

Dark Side Unit and Enhancement cards: Red Ultra Pro Matte Sleeves

Force Cards: Clear Dragon Shield Sleeves

Affiliation Sleeves: The Star Wars FFG sleeves. These are HORRIBLE for the actual game, really bad shuffle with them. I regret buying a bunch. 

I am using the ziplock bags that came with the core sets for my tokens. 

#13 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I use the 9 card pages.  With the back of one page and the front of the next, I can make 3 rows, with each row showcasing and entire objective set.

Here's a picture to show you what I mean. http://imgur.com/pcFT5

#14 Voidy

Voidy

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Keggy said:

I use the 9 card pages.  With the back of one page and the front of the next, I can make 3 rows, with each row showcasing and entire objective set.

That is one AWESOME idea im DEF gonna try that out

#15 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Keggy said:

Wow, I think I will be reorganizing my binder later today.

#16 thequiffisdead

thequiffisdead

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Keggy said:

That, sir, is genius! Definitely going to employ this technique when I get home.

I guess the first side of the first page would be empty, but you could always use that for affiliation or promo/exclusive cards.

#17 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Keggy said:

Impressive.  Most impressive, ingenious even.

I wish I had thought of that. :)  Do you put both affiliations in one binder, or did you split 'em up into two binders?  What size of a binder do you suggest?

#18 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

I'm currently using a 1.5" D-Ring binder for my cards and have plenty of room to expand for a few Force Packs.

#19 thequiffisdead

thequiffisdead

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

I'm going to pick up a couple of these 9-pocket-page folders in blue and red a.k.a. light side and dark side.

http://www.magicmadh...r-a4-red-p36622

I'll keep one set of each objective inside and then find a box for spare sets.

I'm glad I have a place to talk about this kind of stuff, I'm obsessed with how I organise cards!

#20 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Idk about you guys but I store my cards in this:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS