No Collectors Edition?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stamatos

Stamatos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Why doesn't this game get the collectors edition treatment? I was really looking forward to one. I skipped the last two games' CE and and high opens for a sweet ammo can or something. Did I just miss it?

#2 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Looks like no Collectors Edition for this one.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#3 Stamatos

Stamatos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

MILLANDSON said:

Looks like no Collectors Edition for this one.

Yeah and that totally sucks, I was really looking forward to it. I have wanted an IG RPG for about 15 years. I even made my own out of the FUZION rules and ran it from the late 90s until about 2004.

Come on FFG, do us a solid, why do the servants of Chaos get theirs and not the Emperor's foot soldiers?

#4 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

bacause the PTB's know that a Guard RPG will sell, but werent suere that a Chaos would have bean a widely marketable stand alone game, since "Villain" games rarely are.

#5 Stamatos

Stamatos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Drop Bear 2.0 said:

bacause the PTB's know that a Guard RPG will sell, but werent suere that a Chaos would have bean a widely marketable stand alone game, since "Villain" games rarely are.

That would explain why NOT to make a collectors edition for BC, the idea that nobody would shell out the extra clams for an historically poor selling concept game. 

Oh well, hope they see my plight and decide to do one later.

#6 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

not realy, lots of folks who would have given BC a miss will have gone out to get the LE version of the game, just bacause it wa LE and since they alredy had the game and may have had some fun with it have picked up some suplements. thuss taking a game line that in house they beleived to be good and taking it from a risky propisition to somthing they can market.

#7 Stamatos

Stamatos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Still gives me a sad.

#8 Lightbringer

Lightbringer

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Does anyone know how well the Black Crusade special edition sold? I get the impression that it didn't fly off the shelves as fast as other special editions…Although I don't know where I got that impression from Perhaps FFG got their fingers a bit burned on the costs of the BC LE, and have decided to play things a bit more low key for OW?  (I notice there don't seem to be any BC LEs left for sale, though, so maybe I'm wrong.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS