Beginner having an issue with setup.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ratspot

Ratspot

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

I am feeling very stupid but have nowhere else to go. During the setup of the" House of Lynch" scenario I am finding that when I go to seed the game cards I do not have enough of the correct type of lock cards.

I hink i run low on padlocked door and jammed door. What am I doing wrong?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Maybe it's my reading, but when you say "run low", it sounds like you have some copies of those cards but not enough. That shouldn't be the case as Locks and Obstacles come 1x in the game.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, there's only 1 copy of each card in the game, and you only need 1 copy of each.  The only thing I can think of that you might be doing is seeding cards for all available choices in a single room.  Before you begin seeding cards, make sure you go through the initial setup by reading through the available choices and making your decisions.  Then, when seeding cards in a room, notice how there's always 2 options for each room based on the decisions you made during initial setup.  You don't seed cards for all of them, just the cards associated with the option you chose.  For example, let's say that for "Fall of House Lynch" you made the following choices:  1C, 2A, 3B.  Then while seeding cards, if a room has cards for 2A and 2B, you will only seed the cards listed for 2A.  Likewise, in a room that shows cards for 3A or 3B, you will only seed the cards for 3B.

#4 Ratspot

Ratspot

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

YES! Thats it . I wasnt taking into account the game choices at the beginning. Duh

everything is clear now. Now onto the game. Thanks for responding

#5 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Have fun and good gaming!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS