upgrading standard issues?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Korlar

Korlar

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

hi, last night my players asked me if they could upgrades there standard issue equipment with their requisitions, i told them i would think about it. 

so here i am, i didnt find any rule about that,  i would like your opinions on that matter.

is there a way to upgrade standard issue equipement to exceptional or master qualities if you have the required amount of renown and without the signature wargear talent?

if not, have anyone made a homebrew rule for that or would that be too powerful?

P.S sorry if there is alot a spelling mistake , english is not my primary language

#2 SolP

SolP

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

On page 140 of the core rulebook you can find a requisition multiplier and renown requirement for upgrading standard issue.

For example to go from common to exceptional you multiply the requisitioncost with 1.5 and the renown goes up to respected.

#3 Korlar

Korlar

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

thx, but what about the cost for permanently upgrading standard issues? will it use the same rule?

#4 SolP

SolP

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

If you are talking about keeping the same upgraded gear, you should look at the Signature Wargear talent on page 126.

#5 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Indeed, Marines cannot permanently spend requisition points except through the Signature Wargear talents or by buying cybernetics and implants (this is something a lot of players overlook!)

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#6 Korlar

Korlar

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

thank you everyone for your clear answer.

#7 MagosSteel

MagosSteel

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Letting your players keep all of their upgraded gear could quickly unbalanced the game.  So every response so far makes sense to me as an acceptable way to do it.  

Or you could house rule in the ability for them to keep it, then you can just boost the power of what they have to face to keep it balanced.

#8 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Indeed, Marines cannot permanently spend requisition points except through the Signature Wargear talents or by buying cybernetics and implants (this is something a lot of players overlook!)

You cannot requisition implants. This has been clarified before.

#9 Delazar78

Delazar78

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

On page 140 of the core rulebook you can find a requisition multiplier and renown requirement for upgrading standard issue.

For example to go from common to exceptional you multiply the requisitioncost with 1.5 and the renown goes up to respected.

but if I already have the item in my standard issue, do I have to pay full for the upgraded version?

For example, a Force Sword is 20 req, and as a Librarian I started the game with it. If I want a Master-crafted one (req x2) do I have to use 40 req, or is 20 enough?

Delazar

My RPG campaigns

#10 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

40. Because you're still requisitioning a master-crafted sword; the fact that it replaces an item of your standard issue gear doesn't give you a 'refund'.

If you want to have one master-crafted sword and one normal sword, you could do so instead at the same price.

#11 Ansalagon

Ansalagon

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I give people a pool of "permanent requsition" which they can spend on buying a new part of standard issue then I allow people "sell" ther standard issue and add to this pool (however if the sell their bolter those point have to go towards another standard issue weapon, like a flamer, plama gun or even a better quality bolter)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS