Objective destruction - timing.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Metropolis Games

Metropolis Games

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Playing as Imperial Navy today I had put four damage on a light side objective (five damage capacity) and the light side player didn't heal any of it on his turn. On my next turn I played Tarkin, reducing the damage needed to destroy the objective to 4. We agreed that the objective was immediately destroyed as it was at its capacity. It just seemed odd that the mere presence of the Grand Moff was enough to tip the objective over the edge.

#2 Rozgutt

Rozgutt

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Metropolis Games said:

Playing as Imperial Navy today I had put four damage on a light side objective (five damage capacity) and the light side player didn't heal any of it on his turn. On my next turn I played Tarkin, reducing the damage needed to destroy the objective to 4. We agreed that the objective was immediately destroyed as it was at its capacity. It just seemed odd that the mere presence of the Grand Moff was enough to tip the objective over the edge.

I enjoy finding explanations to certain "odd" events in SWLCG. Think of it this way - the tactical genius of Grand Moff Tarkin thwarts the efforts of the Rebels. He sees through their schemes (which were previously seriously compromised by the Empire) and forces them to abandon their current outdated tactics and change their priorities (that is - get a new Objective into play).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS