One offs for new players

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 philosophant

philosophant

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Well I am getting ready for my first session. Reading lots of material concerning being a GM and the like. I have started thinking what my first scenario will be.

The problem is that it will be a practice scenario more or less. The problem is that I can only run, at max, two sessions for various reasons. What scenario(s) should I run?

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

You mean you can only run two gaming sessions (say 2.5-3 hours @) and need a scenario that fits in that time?  In effect a "couple of Episodes" long in WFRP terms with some flexibility to speed up etc. or a "4 Act" with room for lots of roleplaying etc.

Are you using pregenerated characters or doing character creation in the first session?  Are the players new to the system (e.g., play will move a bit slowly as they get sense of things)?

If you're an experienced GM, you may able to simply extrapolate something from the free Day Late, Shilling Short download (which stops still "on the road") on the support page, as it leave threads hanging with "the package" still to be sorted.  Note, I don't think the pregens in that download are really "just created" characters so if players to come back later and want to "recreate a similar character" it may be tough.

If an dwarf-oriented adventure suits, the Black Fire Pass download is a more fullsome free official adventure.

http://www.fantasyfl...?eidm=93&esem=4

(scroll down to scenarios)

#3 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Depending on your comfort level of running the game you might also want check out Liber Fanatica (latest issue has several possibilities) or one sheets at Daily Empire.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#4 philosophant

philosophant

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I there is a great replacement scenario for a day late on rpgg and in liver 10 there is back fun one about a hobbit cook. 

Thanks to all for your help!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS