First run thru Dead Marshes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

The escape tests are throwing me for a loop.

If I pull a treachery card in the quest phase that requires me to run an escape test, I have two questions:

1. Do I count the "Escape" value on the treachery card with the Escape values on the cards I have to draw? (The example in the TDM Rule page leads me to think NO).

2. Do I still attempt an Escape test at the end of the quest phase?

Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#2 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

1. No. If the Treachery tells you to make an escape attempt and draw two cards you only count the escape value of those two cards.

2. Yes, after each quest phase you have to make an escape attempt (unless Gollum escaped and got shuffled back into the encounter deck)

Take in mind that if gollum escapes you dont have to make an escape test after the quest phase, but if a treachery card comes that says to make an escape test the you will have to do it.

#3 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

So the FORCED on Gollum only comes into play when he is in the staging area?

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#4 Kroepian

Kroepian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yes. Cards only trigger their effects, when they are in play. So Gollums card text doesnt matter if he is in the encounter deck

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS