Photo

Just to clarify…(question about actions)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yarrr Im A Pirate

Yarrr Im A Pirate

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sorry for all the newb questions, I just want to make sure I get the rules straight here…

According to the rule book, it seems that any player can play actions in any phase (with the player whos turn it is going first). Does this mean that at the end of, say the refresh phase, I can be a jerk and play Jedi Mind Trick, to re-place focus tokens on his character again?

#2 BD Flory

BD Flory

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Sure.

Check the chart on pages 30-31 for specifics, though. The one that seems to trip most people up is that there's no action window between the active player committing units to the force and the resolution of the force struggle. So if you want to exhaust anyone for the force struggle, you have to do it before the active player decides whom to commit.

Note also that action windows only apply to actual actions, and not interrupts, reactions, or forced abilities.

#3 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

To clarify on this rule…if I have an Action card in play (in this case "A Disturbance in the Force" requiring  "1 focus token on each enemy unit commited to the Force) with no "turn limits", I can place focus icons on each enemy unit, commited to the force in EVERY "Players Actions" window (shown on pages 30-31 of the rule book.  I'd also assume this card isn't "focused" as the action does not require it.  Is this correct? 

Thanks!!

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

dj9091 said:

To clarify on this rule…if I have an Action card in play (in this case "A Disturbance in the Force" requiring  "1 focus token on each enemy unit commited to the Force) with no "turn limits", I can place focus icons on each enemy unit, commited to the force in EVERY "Players Actions" window (shown on pages 30-31 of the rule book.  I'd also assume this card isn't "focused" as the action does not require it.  Is this correct? 

Thanks!!

I think the units have to be committed before that particular action can be initiated and resolved.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 ioticus

ioticus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Disturbance of the Force is an event which must be discarded after it is played.

#6 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for the follow-up.  While still learning the game I didn't undestand the whole "event" card deal.  NOW makes perfect sense!  Thanks again!!

Don

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Playing a Jedi Mind Trick on someone doesn't necessarily make you a jerk, so long as the motive for doing so is selfless. Using the Force for personal gain, though, is a dangerous path that can lead one easily towards the dark side.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Playing a Jedi Mind Trick on someone doesn't necessarily make you a jerk, so long as the motive for doing so is selfless. Using the Force for personal gain, though, is a dangerous path that can lead one easily towards the dark side.

QFT. Once you begin down the dark path, forever will it control your destiny. 

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS