The Hobbit On the Doorstep Quests

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

New article is up!! By the previews i think this will be even better that the first one, and three quest stages in The battle of the five armies!!!!

#2 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Yay for mid-holiday news articles! Thanks Caleb for taking some time to let us know about the hobbit. I'm so excited about the game in 2013!

#3 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

the poison and unconcious things sound interesting.

--- "Once a character has too much poison, it becomes unconscious and useless to its controller" ---

it sounds like the poison will accumulate until each character reaches their limit (maybe characters with higher will can take more poison?)

i wonder how they are going to do it. will we just put wound tokens on them? i hope it is something seperate from wound tokens.

#4 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Alex6222 said:

New article is up!! By the previews i think this will be even better that the first one, and three quest stages in The battle of the five armies!!!!

BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES ?!?!?! ok this year ends with a highlight for me can w8 to be a part of this battle .

Happy adventuring in Middle Earth and a happy new year to u all brothers .

And always HAVE FUN thats an order :P

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#5 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Cunir said:

--- "Once a character has too much poison, it becomes unconscious and useless to its controller" ---

it sounds like the poison will accumulate until each character reaches their limit (maybe characters with higher will can take more poison?)

i wonder how they are going to do it. will we just put wound tokens on them? i hope it is something seperate from wound tokens.

Yeah i have that doubt to. I dont think wound tokens would do well so maybe we are going to have Poison tokens.

P.S: Happy new year to all, keep the threat of Sauron at bay ;)

#6 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Alex6222 said:

Cunir said:

Yeah i have that doubt to. I dont think wound tokens would do well so maybe we are going to have Poison tokens.

Super excited about these quests. The first Hobbit quests were pretty cool, but these seem off the charts. I hope they just come out with some generic "special" tokens at some point that can be used for various purposes in different quests (poison in this case, other things in other quests). 

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#7 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'm liking what I'm seeing and am super-excited for this expansion!  Looks like new Bilbo will help smooth out some of the issues with treasures (hopefully).  If the Lonely Mountain has 12 threat just image what Mount Doom will have.

#8 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

jc1138 said:

I'm liking what I'm seeing and am super-excited for this expansion!  Looks like new Bilbo will help smooth out some of the issues with treasures (hopefully).  If the Lonely Mountain has 12 threat just image what Mount Doom will have.

Mount Doom: Threat - 50, Action - Soil yourself.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#9 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Raven1015 said:

Alex6222 said:

Cunir said:

Super excited about these quests. The first Hobbit quests were pretty cool, but these seem off the charts. I hope they just come out with some generic "special" tokens at some point that can be used for various purposes in different quests (poison in this case, other things in other quests). 

That could work, or "poison tokens" could be progresstokens put on the characters.

#10 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Raven1015 said:

jc1138 said:

Mount Doom: Threat - 50, Action - Soil yourself.

They could then introduce "soil tokens". Lets say 10 soil tokens and your breeches give way under the strain of the poopage, rendering you exhausted for 3 turns. Hmmm i expect ffg have that one in the pipeline as we speak.

#11 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Alex6222 said:

Cunir said:

On the flip side of the argument, if it were counted as a wounding mechanism, at least there would already be healing measures in the game previously to allow a player to counter it, instead of needing to dedicate more cards from the new set just to offset the poison.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS