Is Doomed X cumulative?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mr_pelle

mr_pelle

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums but I've been reading topics from time to time…

I have a question regarding the keyword Doomed: what happens if a card with Doomed, such as "Cut Off" (MaO) gets revealed after "Massing at Osgiliath" (MaO) had been? Do players have to raise their threat by 1 or 2 (total amount of Doomed value)?

In short, is Doomed a cumulative keyword or multiple instances of it are redundant, such as giving Sentinel to a character with Sentinel?

#2 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Sadly, yes.             

#3 mr_pelle

mr_pelle

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

muemakan said:

Sadly, yes.             

Just as I thought.. =P

Thank you very much for the clarification!

#4 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Here is how I've interpereted it, and this would have some consequences: Say a card already has doomed 1, then a different card makes it gain doomed 1, rather than having doomed 2, it has doomed 1 twice, as separate keywords, so you raise your threat by 1 twice rather than raising it by 2 once. This would functionally make no differece as it being cumulative, except when you have a card like Elfhelm in play, in the cumulative case, you would still raise your threat by one, in the case I describe there would be no threat increase because the doomed keywords trigger separately. This is how it works on some other card games, not sure if it works like that here though.

#5 TheDisturbed1

TheDisturbed1

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Each and every time a Doomed [X] card comes up, you need to raise your threat by the appropriate amount. Yes, they do stack.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS