Ship Class Restrictions and Weapons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I was wondering if it would be reasonable to allow specific classes ships to override the usual limitations on what weapons can be mounted. For example, I like the idea of the Hecutor-pattern Plasma Broadside mounted on Tyrant-class Cruisers, but the weapon is normally restricted to Battlecruisers and larger vessels. Would it be reasonable to allow the Tyrant to mount these components (perhaps with an added +1 SP per component) to represent the refitted weapons from Chaos vessels (which matches much of the Hecutor's fluff) that are described?

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#2 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm pretty sure weapons are restricted to certain sized hulls for good reasons, for the same reason why you'd never let a Destroyer have a Nova Cannon, to use an extreme example.

It's really going to have to be a case by case basis, both looking at the weapon and the ship, before levying a tradeoff for it, if it's something that should even be allowed (such as in the case of my above example).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS