Wrathborn warrior

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

He is an enemy cultist, str 2, if his attack roll is lower than his strength, roll one die and add it to his attack score. He rolls a 2 for his attack. We are using the blood moon expansion and it is daytime. Do you use the actual die roll or the modified result. If we use the actual die roll of 2, I win the combat, but if we use the modified the 2 becomes a 1 and I lose. I feel it is the actual result rolled before any modifications and opponent thinks it is the modified result.  Who is correct?

#2 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Is there a difference between ATTACK ROLL and ATTACK SCORE?

#3 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Attack Score= Attack Roll+Total Strength/Craft +/- any modifiers or bonuses from weapons and game effects

Attack Roll is the die's bonus alone.

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

On page 15 from the talisman rules, you can read about the natural vs modified roll.

It says, that " if an effect or special ability refers to a die result, only the number appearing on the die is considered"

( So if  the wrathborn warrior rolls a 2, and it is day, then he may NOT roll a extra die. He may only do it when he rolls a 1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS