New to whfrp…

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Just bought the core and adv. Toolkit..I/we love it!!!!

its not without faults, but no Big probs. 

So now I just found that ffg might be pulling the plug…buhuu

I know its all 'bout the business, however if ffg Want to keep/add customers they would do good to make a anouncement as to where whfrp is heading..

BE THE BIGGER COMPANY tell us fans where we are heading!

best

Mex

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

FFG doesn't communicate directly with the fans (trust me, I've trolled every which way I could think of to bait them, but they have to stuck to their gunz').

I presume at some point in January they will make their special announcement how they're going to release YET ANOTHER convoluted/confusing entry point into this game.

Good thing is that other than an Elf project (which even FFG didn't have the courage to release), this game is pretty complete.  Combine that with LIBER FANATICA and other fan stuff, and you've got about all you need.

jh

#3 DevoutBadger

DevoutBadger

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, essentially everything you need is released already. Though it would be nice to see a Print On Demand for each of the other Colleges and Cults, and that isn't to say there isn't stuff that could be done. What I would like to see is a Moot/Halfling set like Blackfire Pass for dwarfs.

What the game absolutely doesn't need is any elf stuff. In fact, if the game does get canceled, as the final act FFG should do before canceling is sending someone out to replace all the cards and pages of all the sets ever produced and change all the old elf content to halfling stuff.

#4 Johannes_Tippmeister

Johannes_Tippmeister

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Especially reading through the new Enemy Within Campaign I feel we got a good run with this edition already and I wouldn't be be bitter if they called it quits now. I hope, of course, that we'll see plenty more of material to come.

From a business perspective I wouldn't be too surprised if they decided that it was time to sell the rules again to their customers and this is usually done in the guise of a revised or new edition. I could accept that, too, as 'rules of the game' in rpg print publishing.

That said I'll start a new 3rd ed. group next Saturday that will hopefully be in for the long haul and so, entirely detached from any publishing schedule of FFG, I'll be playing 3rd. ed. for a long time.

#5 Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

DevoutBadger said:

What the game absolutely doesn't need is any elf stuff. In fact, if the game does get canceled, as the final act FFG should do before canceling is sending someone out to replace all the cards and pages of all the sets ever produced and change all the old elf content to halfling stuff.

I love the idea of some FFG ninjas breaking into peoples houses to remove all of the elf stuff! I would leave them some brandy and a mince pie if I knew they were coming.

In terms of FFG making annoucements if you ask them they tell you that WFRP will continue to be supported.  Unfortunately no one will believe them. It seems that the fans of this game (or at least the ones on this forum) wont believe anything until they are told it has been cancelled.  I guess it is something to do with the fact that during its lfe this game has been out of print for as long as it has been in print. Maybe people want a return to the status quo?

Give me more fluff and less rules

Hear me on the Tabletop Chronicles Podcast
https://itunes.apple...ast/id670638100

#6 Remorhaz

Remorhaz

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Mexorlon said:

Just bought the core and adv. Toolkit..I/we love it!!!!

its not without faults, but no Big probs. 

So now I just found that ffg might be pulling the plug…buhuu

I know its all 'bout the business, however if ffg Want to keep/add customers they would do good to make a anouncement as to where whfrp is heading..

BE THE BIGGER COMPANY tell us fans where we are heading!

best

Mex

FFG wears silence like armor. You just have to accept the fact you wont get the community interaction you might from a smaller company like plaid hat games. The tradeoff is most of FFGs games are fun, thoroughly play tested and the production values are through the roof.

there is enough stuff released to play 3rd edition for a long time. i can safely say i own more content then i will get to play.

if you havent already you should check out the reckless dice podcast and liber fanatica.

#7 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thx for all the replies!!

guess i just have to start buing so i have What i feel we need to "complete" the game (looking long and hard at daughters piggybank) 

Its good to know that silence means squat, when takling about ffg, so i do hope and kinda belive that during the next 1/2-1 year i Will have completet my colection

Happy new year

Thank sigmar for at good comunity!!!

#8 VonMoose

VonMoose

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I can buy ANYWFRP locally anymore, had me wondering if this edition was alive anymore?

#9 Remorhaz

Remorhaz

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

most of the dedicated gaming stores in my area still carry warhammer 3 but its usually way in the back. paizo has pretty much taken over the top shelves while the masses wait to see if DnD 5 is going to be good. 

#10 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

For what its worth, I would NOT recomend the Hard back books.  The only thing i use the Players Guide for is the index.  I have purchased everything for the line including 2 core box sets.  We play with 6 pc's, and could have just used the free Basic Action Card Download from the WFRP 3 support page, instead of my investing in the second Core box.  I work a lot and am going back to school so I don't have the time or the desire to write adventures anymore, so I only use published adventures.  

I have read everything available with a few exceptions due to time constraints.  

My group uses the following.

Core set

GM toolkit (just for the screen)

Creature Vault.  ( I prep with creature and action cards so this has been very valuable)

Omens of War     (Severe Criticals, Horses, Mounted Combat)

Heros Call   (Expanded PC progression, New Races, New Spells/Blessing etc)

The gathering storm     Adventure

The Edge of Night      Adventure

The Witches Song      Adventure

The Enemy Within       Adventure

Ultimatly all of the products are great, I just don't use all of the info.  Furthermore one of the absolutly GREAT things about 3rd ed, is that the expanded rules are usually a couple of pages, just enough to explain a new concept.  I.e. Corruption, or Disease etc.

If you are planing on running this version for the long haul, I would recomend purchasing everything if you can.  It all has great fluff and is valuable.  The players guide does have improved explinations of rules and an "INDEX" which helps alot but is not at all mandatory.  If it came down to purchasing one of the Chaos God expansions or The players guide, skip the players guide.

Basically I would by the Hard Back books absolutly last, even after all of the POD expansion.

Just my 2 cents.  Hope this helps

Gary

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS