During the last TI game our litte group of players came up with a few questions:
1) When can TGs, if ever, be used as votes? Does the Mentak race tech allow one TG to count as 2 votes in such a case?
2) Regarding a Public Objective Card: "I now spend 10 resources or 10 influence." - can TGs be used alone or along with planetary funds to claim this?
3) Regarding two representative councillors: Ta Zern of the Jol-Nar and Dirzuga Mantasa of the Arborec.
Ta Zern: "Gain +1 vote for each Tech card you have researched"
D. Mantasa: "Other councillors do not recieve bonus votes during this voting"
Now, I would argue that a "bonus vote" is the little number outlined by red in the upper left corner of the card and not the +1 vote pr. tech ability.
So: does the Arborec councillor stop only the 2 Bonus votes of Ta Zern, or does he also stop all the + votes from the ability?
4) When one has aquired the tech Fleet Logistics, does one then have to take two tactical actions when its one's turn, or is it optional?
5) Regarding the Mercenary Daffren: "At the start of the Strategy Phase, you may give this Mercenary to another player to trade SCs with that player. Limit once per round." - Do this another player have to trade his SC or is it optional?
Thank you for your time