Book edition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ferretz

Ferretz

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm thinking about picking up Dark Heresy (I'm already running a Rogue Trader campaign), and I wanted to ask what printing the core Dark Heresy book is in now, and how much errata is included in the current edition.

Cheers,

Eirik

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Unfortunately, no Errata corrections have been made on the DH Core Rulebook. The map of the Calixis Sector from the Black Library edition contained several mistakes that were later corrected in the FFG version, but other than that, it's all the same. I've been trying to stir up interest in a "1.5 Edition" that would incorperate the Errata, plus a few minor tweaks (especially to psychic powers), but there hasn't been a peep from FFG about that possibility…

#3 Ferretz

Ferretz

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Well, the one I ordered seems to have been "revised to include FAQ 1.0 errata", but that's only the map correction, right?

-E.

#4 Amaimon

Amaimon

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

No, there are some talent and skill changes in classes section, and errata to mono, boltguns and some other stuff. All pretty improtant. 

#5 seanpp

seanpp

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Ferretz said:

I'm thinking about picking up Dark Heresy (I'm already running a Rogue Trader campaign), and I wanted to ask what printing the core Dark Heresy book is in now, and how much errata is included in the current edition.

Cheers,

Eirik

There is a lot of Errata from the first printing of the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook.  You can download the Errata version 3.0, last updated April 2009, from the Support section of the Dark Heresy area of this FFG website (free) and the same file also contains errata for The Inquisitor's Handbook.  The volume of errata from at least the first printing, I would suggest, makes it worth your while to try to at least NOT get the first printing.

I've had the same question as to what the current printing is & don't know for sure but that the Errata is confirmed to be on version 3.0 is a strong indication the current DH Core Rulebook printing is #3.

As an aside, it can be tough to know what printing you're getting when purchasing from Ebay, for example, but you can ask the seller.  Problem is the subsequent printings, at least the 2nd printing, doesn't appear to have an actual printing # on page 2 but rather makes the statement that errata has been incorporated (as you state in a posting on this thread)…but that doesn't help you determine whether you have printing #2 or printing #3 on your hands (assuming there is a printing #3, which we're inferring from errata being in version 3.0).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Sean

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS